Halion 5 Download Version Question

Hi guys. I just upgraded to Halion 5 from the Absolute+ VST Instrument Collection. The download installer file was around 2 gb but the Halion 5 library was stated as being 15 gb. The boxed version installer is supposedly shipped on 2 dvds. It seems as if though the boxed version has the full library and that the download version is relatively too small to contain a 15 gb sound library. Am I crazy?

.-.

I was wondering the same thing :slight_smile: I upgraded from Halion 4. My download was ony about 1.37 gigs
nexis

This is because all the additional content is installed with HALion 4/HAlion Sonic. If you upgrade to HALion 5, it only installs the new content, solely attributed to HALion 5 itself, hence the smaller file size. You will have to be sure to have HALion 4/HALion Sonic fully installed and updated, then upgrade to HALion 5, to install the ‘additional’ content, to be full blown again.

Thanks bigtime for your help Cantankerous. Now I understand :slight_smile:

.-.

No problem, glad I could help! Now go enjoy HALion 5’s awesomeness!

Unfortunately I’m not able to download the Halion 4 library so I seem to be short on that part of the Halion library, so I might ask Steinberg Tech for assistance with this one. Even still, I have way much content making Halion 5 a “no joke” sound design solution. I really like the fact that you can literally do anything you can imagine and more under one roof. I’m sick of going back and forth between a million different VSTi and dealing with certain limitations that pop up in each of them. This is the year that I told myself to just stick with one DAW, and one super VSTi and that’s it!! It seems to be working because I’m more focused on learning to use a minimum of tools and getting the maximum out of them. Cubase 7 and Halion 5 fit the bill perfectly. Cubase 7 does everything that you’d ever need a DAW to do and Halion 5 is sort of a “sane” version of Reaktor 5 so I’m loving this combination!! Thanks for your help man!! - Stephen

.-.

I couldn’t have worded it better myself and what you stated above is exactly what I am doing. Cubase 7 and HALion 5 and nothing more. I have uninstalled every single other thing, except for my UAD plugins and I am getting more work done now than I ever have with all the other installations I had on my system. To think, things can only get better with new version upgrades too! I can’t wait to see what else gets brought to the table in HALion 5. As long as it keeps the same GUI and way of working around the program, we will be in good hands.

Lol!! I haven’t got the balls to do that. I did remove the desktop shortcuts from my other DAWs though. I guess that’s a start. I’m thinking if I feel the urge to load any of my other VSTi, I’ll resort to applying what I’ll dub from now on as the “Cantankerous Rule”. :laughing: - Stephen

.-.

hehe. I suppose it all depends on the personality of the person. Myself, I get anxious easily and distracted just as much. If I have too much to choose from, I find myself spending all my time just playing around with those options, never being able to solidify anything. I end up with hundreds of ‘loops’ like 30s long, that never get changed into full tunes. I don’t find making music very easy at all, I really struggle with it so anything to make my life easier and more streamlined is good for me! Cubase 7 and HALion 5 is just that. In the past, great music was made with 1/1000th of what we have today, so more isn’t always better I find. If I can master what I force myself to use, in the end I find myself far more productive and in the end, that is what matters.

I’m exactly the same way. Well said. Let’s see if we can actually finish something for a change. :sunglasses: - Stephen

.-.