HALion 5 MegaTrig interval up/down

Hi,

I need a condition in MegaTrig to trigger different layers with strings Glissandi up and down samples for each interval of successively played notes.
What would be the way to do this with Halion ?
The “Interval” condition would be perfect, but how can I differentiate up and down interval ?
Any idea, anyone ?

Thanks

Use the Highest and/or Lowest Note conditions, i.e. either the note is higher/lower then the previous note or not.

Thanks a lot for your reply fstaudio.

That’s exactly what I’ve done for it to work until now. But … for these conditions to work, the notes have to overlap. Since I work in Score Editor and enter the notes with the mouse, this is a problem. So, I even found a workaround for this : using the Expression Map I lengthen the notes a little bit in the Glissando passages (e.g. 102%) so as it overlaps the next ones, and the Highest/Lowest Note conditions do work.
But now the problem is when two subsequent notes are at the same pitch. Since the notes are lengthened, the Note-Off of the first falls right after the Note-On of the second and cuts it down !

I’m beating my head against the wall trying to find a solution. It should be easy ! :cry:
Any other suggestion or workaround would be more than welcome.

Thanks again.

Weird, shouldn’t have to (unless you’ve specified the legato condition of course) I’ve built full legato instruments using these principles so it definitely works :confused:

Can you post the full Megatrig conditions you’re using so i can take a look? Or better still a dummy patch.

Oh, very nice of you !
I’ll send you the files by PM.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to have a look.

OK, looking at the patch, you’ve complicated things by combing the ‘articulation switch’ rule with the ‘playing direction’ rule - better to keep them separate, makes things far easier.

You don’t need to specify a range for Highest note in this usage case (if you do then it interprets that as ‘which notes in the chord should play’, hence why it appeared to work when played legato). Leave it at 0, i.e. the note is either the highest note or it’s not.

So for upward intervals you need something like this :-
leg up.png
and for conversely for downward intervals simply add the ‘NOT’ condition to the Highest note :-
leg dn.png
You could of course do it the other way round using Lowest note, same difference, and omit the legato if required.

I would recommend putting your leg and porta instruments in separate layers, then add the CC switching Mega-trig last at the top level. In practice it’s easier to build them as completely separate patches, then cut and paste the layers into a new combined patch. This way you can test and debug each one and know they’re behaving correctly individually before combing them with the CC switch.

All easier to do then describe in words, but hopefully you get the gist.

HTH

Thanks a lot for your time, I really appreciate.

So, I spent hours testing, reading the manual and testing again, following thoroughly every point you described.
Highest/Lowest Note at 0, the previous note still has to be held for these conditions to work ! As if it was still waiting for a chord. So these conditions, when range is 0, are always TRUE for every consecutive note, whatever it is lower or higher than the previous.

I’ve just prepared a Cubase project with the settings you mentioned, I’d appreciate if you could take a quick look and tell me what’s wrong.