HALION 5

most probably will have to upgrade the 3 week old top of the range DAW just to run it !

looks like you got your wish and the same here with beat slicing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Kontakt you have now had your day …goodbye !!!

thank you

looks like you got your wish and the same here with beat slicing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Kontakt you have now had your day …goodbye !!!

Loads of new stuff, including flexphrase editor.

and so on…

Wow. :astonished: :nerd:

Just… WOW!! :slight_smile:

I already love Halion 5 and I’m so glad I own a license already, I can’t believe this.

It really is a nice update guys, you won’t be disappointed :wink:.

Can you tell me about the drawbar organ? Is it good? Can I make it sound like Deep Purples “Child in Time” and Procul Harums “Whiter shade of pale”? :smiley:

And how is this Voltage VA - synth? :slight_smile:

Please tell me!! :stuck_out_tongue:

(I know, these are old songs. But I just love old music and bands from this era are soooooo damn inspiring to me. Doesn’t mean that I’m an old fashioned person, I’m very modern in my philosophy and approach to life.)

it looks effing awesome …take my money NOW !!!

Oh wow, I just listened to the phrase demos. :blush:

This HALiotron deserves much more mentioning as well, I can imagine right now building whole atmospheres with it, like I would have done if I ever had a Mellotron back in it’s heyday…

Oh no, why can’t I play with it now. SERIOUSLY.

I’m utterly excited about this new release :astonished:

Still, seems that the GUI drawing speed hasn’t improved at all :frowning:

this babies coming to daddy NOW :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Steinberg should consider offering a Cubase 7 / Halion 5 bundle. :sunglasses:

it’s a shame I purchased v4 at the end of it’s life cycle and had to pay another £82.00 on top because of a month but I think it’s worth it ! :wink:

Does anyone know about the upgrade price yet?

EDIT: Oh, I see it now, it’s already in the shop. Now where’s my credit card?

ive just bought it and downloading … from v4 it’s £82

Oops, no boxed update yet…

Please let us know your first impressions once you get it :slight_smile:

I certainly will . ive been waiting for something on these lines for years , im not really interested in the synth side but as a sampler with beat slicing IMO (if it all works correctly )this sampler is now complete !!!

The slicing capabilities are very sweet and they have totally replaced relying on Recycle for me. Everything is kept in one application now and the on the fly tweaking makes getting things to fit to your needs, very quick and simple. The ability to quickly put effects on individual slices is very, very cool and assigning all of this to note expression 2, makes it even better. HALion 5 is one kick ass product!

BTW, from watching the videos, I never seen it mentioned officially, but HALion 5 now has fade in and fade out handles in the sample editor window, a long requested feature that was missing from HALion 4 that allows your samples to fit just that little bit better, without the need to adjust the amp envelope as a workaround for smoothing out fade in and outs.