Halion 6 Integration

Hi ALl,
I am new to this blog but have been using Cubase in its many forms for a few years now. My biggest struggle with audio recording in the computer realm has been the “architecture” of these systems and how to relate to them in the old “analog” sense. Could someone explain to me, if I have a standalone version of Halion 6, how to integrate it and its libraries with Cubase 11? For instance, I see the standalone version has certain sounds that do not come through to the Cubase 11 instrument tracks.

Hi,

You can open HALion 6 as VST Instrument in Cubase. Then the behaviour of HALion 6 is in 99% the same as VST Instrument or stand-alone. The only one difference is, in the stand-alone mode, you have to choose the ASIO driver in HALion 6, setup MIDI Ports and so. All of this is done on Cubase side, when using HALion 6 as VST Instrument.

In general, it should behave identical, you should see the same libraries, you should be able to control it the very same way, etc.

1 Like

Maybe a specifc example or two (or three :smiley:) of sounds you’re seeing in the standalone version, but not in the plugin version, would allow some of us here to check if we can see them ok in our Cubase plugin installations.

Thank you for your fast responses, Martin and Nico. The problem has just resolved itself and it was before my very eyes! Halion 6 was coming into Cubase as a “sampler” which I hadn’t noticed before!

Thank you for your fast response, Nico. The problem has just resolved itself and it was before my very eyes! Halion 6 was coming into Cubase as a “sampler” which I hadn’t noticed before!

1 Like