Halion 6 Missing Files

Hi!

I upgraded my Halion 5 to Halion 6 and now when i start Halion 6 i get notification “42 files missing” etc.

How do i solve this issues? I installed Halion 6 in the steinberg folder where Halion 5 is as well.

Which files are missing? You have to download the full 28 GB installer from the Steinberg Download Manager to get all content, then apply the 6.1.0 update.

Halion | Halion Sonic Forum

I don’t remember the file names but it says 42 files are missing. And when I try to load presets, they rarely work. I installed the 30gb file, then updated, then the content update. No help. I tried reinstalling twice, no help.
I installed it to Steinberg folder where halion 5 was also located c:/windows/Steinberg

Halion 5 always worked fine without any files missing. I try to update elicencer if that helps.

This is very frustrating since I have no clue why this is happening. I just installed new ssd just so I can use halion 6 since my old ssd did not have enough space.

EDIT:

I now redownload everything and try to install. It seems i am not the only one with missing content problem.

I will also take pictures so you can see also the problem if it still happens.

Apparently for some reason, it had not copied the sounds to the correct location.

I solved the issue by moving all the sound files from

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\HALion 6\Additional Content\VST Sound

to

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\HALion\VST Sound location

Please Steinberg, Fix your installers. Luckily I have some knowledge about computers (not much), but i wasted almost a day struggling with this issue and i am not 100% sure if the problem is fixed. At least no missing files when i launched Halion 6.

Yes, it would be nice if it installed in the right place for everyone but since we only see this problem occasionally I assume it’s not quite such an obvious fix. Most people have it install in the right place on its own…

What I wonder is because my Halion 5 always worked perfectly so why Halion 6 did not install right? But I hope in the future they would work correctly for everyone. Now that Halion 6 works, I love it. It is just what I wanted :slight_smile: Already started a new track with it.