Halion and ways to get more expression out of the instruments

I downloaded the trial of Halion 6, and I like the variety of instruments throughout its platform
Does anybody use a wind controller with Halion 6 or is there a better way to get more expression out of the instruments? Can any of the piano keys be assigned to the articulations? Tia

Alan Russell

Several instruments in Halion 6 allow you to switch articulations by pressing keys around the lower octaves of your keyboard, for example Alto Sax XXL:

Depending on your keyboard controller, you might have to press “Octave -” or “Upper Octave -” a few times in order to access the lower keys. When you see these yellow and brown keys, you can expand the program tree and edit the “Key Switch Remote” to map the Key Switches to other keys if you want.

I’m not too familiar with wind controllers, but you might be able to map the Breath CC to various Halion parameters by right clicking them and selecting “Learn CC”.

“Tone Color” or “Cutoff” would probably be the parameters that would make the most sense with Breath controls.

Thank you so much for this explanation. Hopefully I will have some of the questions and pursuing my objectives.

Alan Russell