Halion chord pads and Chord Track?

Hi all,

I’m trying to work out if i’m just being plain silly here.
Is there any way at all of dragging Chord Pad presets out of Halion and into Cubase? Ideally straight into the Chord Pads of Cubase, though even straight into the timeline for me to then convert from there would be cool.

And is there no way of dragging Chord Pads and progressions from Cubase back into Halion’s trigger pads?

This seems like an oversight if not. Halion does let me drag its Chord Pads to the Cubase pads, but nothing gets properly assigned.

cheers!

The pads in Halion can be assigned to any key of a midi keyboard by right clicking on the pads for playing. Other Halion pads have flexphrases to be played in combination with
notes for variations.

As for dragging those Halion pads on chord pads I don’t think that’s the way they were programmed to work.

What you can do is add a melody to your chords. There’s a section in the chord pads menu for that…

The previous post covered this, but I’ll go over it again.

There’s two things to do with the HSSE Pads.

1. Learn Trigger Note
  2. Snapshot Chord

First you take a snapshot of the chord you want to assign, then you assign a note to trigger that chord. Beyond that, you can try adding Midi effects to the track. In some instruments, Arpeggio Patterns are assigned to the pads, but you still use “Learn Trigger Note” the same way. So, for example, the track is assigned to monitor the Chord Track and you place Arrp change switches (notes) in a MIDI track to change them.

Chord Pads:

These are more complex and work best in conjunction with the Chord Track. You can Drag Chords from the Chord Pads to the Chord Track and vice versa. Chords from The Chord Track can be assigned to the Pads in one shot (see the Functions Menu, downward Triangle). It is possible to assign a MIDI pattern to the Pads and when you play a chord, the phrase is used. Try it! Here’s what’s great about the Pads. You can record and click with the mouse and record chords. You can even record inversion and tension changes. There’s a lot there, but, imho, time spent learning this part of Cubase is worth it – no matter what kind of chops a player has or, like me, does not have.

Good luck.

1 Like