Halion library manager problem

Hello,

I’m facing some problem wit Halion Library Manager.

Actually this standalone program does not want to open anymore.
Every time I click on it, a window open and informs that Halion Library Manager left/quit unexpectedly.

This problem started after having removed the Iconica sections & players vst and installing the new Iconica Ensembles.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Halion 6.1.5 …same problem
I synchronised the elicenser…same problem.

Don’t know what to do…

Thanks for your support.

DanCas

Hi DanCas,

I have the same problem exactly, and have also carried out the same procedures as you. When I try and install Iconica Ensembles the Halion Libray Manager refuses to open and quits.

I too removed the Iconica sections & players vst and this now happens when trying to install the new Iconica Ensembles.

So where do we go from here? It is an expensive and frustrating situation to be in when you have all the sound files for Iconica Ensembles downloaded on your computer and you cannot use them! My Halion Library Manager refuses to open as a stand alone application.

Continuing on from my previous post about the Halion Library Manager failing, this is the report that shows in the error message.
Does this make sense to anyone? How can I rectify this? Like it is I cannot register and install my downloaded Iconica Sound Ensembles.Thanks in advance.

Process: HALion Library Manager [2903]
Path: /Applications/HALion Library Manager.app/Contents/MacOS/HALion Library Manager
Identifier: com.steinberg.HALionLibraryManager
Version: 1.1.0.50 (1.1.0.50)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: HALion Library Manager [2903]
User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2018-10-07 04:46:53.901 +1300
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G65)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: B4D73015-30FF-159B-A93D-29625FECFBB0

Time Awake Since Boot: 110000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 5 VSTSoundScanner

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000112802d78
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Bus error: 10
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xa
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

foxtrot-delta

Up date on my problem above.

All solved once I up-dated my computer with the recently released MacOS Mojave.

Foxtrot Delta

Hello Fox-trot,

Thanks for your inputs concerning Mojave.
On my side I’m still dealing with the Steinberg support who did not come back to me with a fixe.

Based on your feedback, I will install Mojave ASAP to see if it solve it too.

Thanks again.

Hi everyone,

Please copy the Iconica Content to:

“Name of your HD”/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/HALion/VST Sound

Now the HALion Library Manager shouldn’t crash anymore.
We are aware of this Issue and I hope we will release a Fix with the next maintenance update.

Cheers,
Jochen

Hello Jochen,

Did it but still the same problem.
Any old files to be removed ?

Regards,

I’ve just tried to move all the Steinberg Content onto a separate hard drive and the Library Manager only picked up about 70% of it.

Now what?

I have this problem whith my new macbook pro max. I can’t use the iconica libraries. In the steinberg library manager is OK, but then, iconica don’t appear in halion sonic se.

Help please!!

Thanks