Halion One Synthesizers Set still can't load

Hi everyone,
So I got the Synthesizers Sound Instrument Set for my Halion one which I’m using with Cubase 5 on WinXP. I’m sorry to bother you with the same question but I read every single post in here and I still can’t load the sounds. I went to Mediabay, checked the boxes and rescanned (hope that means just clicking on the little round arrow thingy on top). When I go to VST Sound I can see the Set and all its contents but when I press on one, it always says can’t load preset, like it does when I press on one from Halion itself. Also tried the Locate Contents from the GUI.

Where should they be exactly when locating them though? And what should I do with those .hsb files everyone talks about? Do I have to move some contents or delete something like many people suggest? I have another partition with Win7 on my C:\ and so it’s a bit more confusing, maybe that is the reason that they got installed wrong? I’m using E:\ for my WinXP and all Cubase music related things though, so my folders go as follows:

E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\Instrument Set Synthesizers\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies\HALionOne\Synthesizers (here I can find the new presets)

E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steinberg\Content\HALionOne SoundBanks (here are the .hsb files)

E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound (some random vstsound files are here)

E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies\HALionOne (SR and Yamaha folders)

E:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 5\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies\HALionOne (5 folders containing the old vstpresets)

Possibly there are more scatterred around but I have no idea…
Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks! :slight_smile:

After upgrading to Cubase 6.5, I suddenly found I couldn’t play my Sysnthesizer instrument set. I could see it, but it wouldn;t load the sounds.

I trawled through all the posts, following all the suggestions, moving the content, de-installing and re-installing. trying it with Cubase 5 (which I still had installed), right click to find content, re-scan media bay, reset to factory etc. etc… you name it I tried it.

To cut a long story short, I was going to raise a ticket, and I went into eLicenser and noticed that it wasn’t registered, so I registered it to my USB-e licenser,and hey presto, now it works again.

Now, I have no idea whether it worked previously without being registered, and installing the 6.5 closed the security hole, or whether the license got removed when I un-installed it, but if you’ve followed all the advice on the forums, and it still doesn’t work - launch eLicenser Control Center and check it’s listed…

I hope this is helpful to someone…

Thanks a lot for the reply but unfortunately I have registered it, the e-lisencer is right there on the list working fine so no idea what else to do, it’s so frustrating! Thanks again anyway :slight_smile:

Did you ever solve the problem?
I have the same problem now…

This software is allmost impossible to understand.

I think it is because they dropped halion 1 and changed it to Halion sonic se and didn’t make any changes to it regarding vst sound instrument set synthesizers which I hope they do!!!

They should update it to HALion SE we paid for a product then they drop it …
I remember the days with Steinberg Instruments were constantly been change and drop
how many Steinberg instruments have come in gone :confused:

I have some problem with it… help Steinberg please

I had problem of this set not showing up in cubase 7.5 or Halion 5. Steinberg emailed me the link for Halion One which installed without a problem. Also the synth set showed up without any further tinkering.
The only issue I have is that the synth set should have 140+ sounds and mine only has 107 or 109 (cant recall).
Checked through media bay and browser and the folder does only show up as having 100+ sounds.
Any ideas on how to recover the missing sounds? Perhaps I need uninstall the set and then install again?

anyone else with this problem of missing sounds in Synthesiser set?

My problem is out thanx to Steinberg… Huráááááá

Steinberg and they software is the best…