Halion SE 3 mixer not showing channel 16

On the mix tab in Halion Sonic SE (in Cubase Pro 12 and free-standing) one can only see 15 lines of the mixer, channel 16 is blank (screenshot provided in support request). I have tried at both 100% and 125% screen settings. The display problem prevents settings for that channel being changed. Subscript problem (max count) going from 0-15 to 1-16?

Windows 11, Cubase 12.0.10 Pro.

Hi,

Yes please.

Make sure, the tracks are not in the Left Zone, please.

If you are talking about the Audio Returns of the Instrument track be aware the very 1st output (Main Out) is represented by the Instrument channel.

I have this problem too. I just deleted The halion program folder and reinstalled and it did not change. The problem is present in the Halion Sonic SE standalone version as well. It maskes no difference if a program is loaded in slot 16 or not. The entire mixer panel for slot 16 is just gray. A program can be added to slot 16 and it does makes sound.
The slot 16 vol, pan and ouput assignment can be controlled from the current slot editor at the top as a work around.

1 Like

Hi Nick-V,
I’m able to reproduce it here. It’s now in our Defect-Tracking-System and listed as Bug-ID “ HALLY-9342”.
I hope we can provide a fix for it soon.

Thanks for your report and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Gerrit Junge

2 Likes

I am using v 3.5.10.153 (comes with CB12Pro). I’ve just been advised to wait or downgrade:
-----------------------------------------
That is a known bug. It will be fixed within one of the next maintenance updates. You can install HALion Sonic SE 3.4.40. Please have a look here:
** HALion Sonic SE 3 updates and downloads | Steinberg**
-----------------------------------------

1 Like

I downgraded to Halion Sonic SE 3.4.40.
It does fix the slot 16 issue.
However I had to use my Elicenser dongle to make it work. since this version is apparently unaware of the new Steinberg licensing.

This organisation’s management is building a reputation for making it’s software worse. It needs to reprioritise the software testing process and resourcing substantially.

I downgraded too.
Do reinstalled 3.4.40 understand the information saved in projects by 3.5.10???

I do not use the FX but so far everything else appears to be OK after the downgrade.