I recently installed the trial version of Dorico Elements. I was able to figure it out pretty quickly, but I cannot get it to playback. I also cannot get the Halion SE to play any sounds. I watched a few videos and did some web searches but I can’t figure this one out. Here are some things that are going on.
- I am using a UR44 and using the most recent version of the driver. I have removed and reinstalled the driver just in case, but it didn’t help.
- In Cubase Pro 10.5, audio, Groove Agent and Halion SE tracks all play back normally.
- In Dorico, Halion SE instruments do not make any sounds. Dorico is set to use the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO driver with stereo output UR 44Mix 1L, UR44 Mix 1 R and a sample rate of 44100.
- I have tried multiple instruments in Halion (Dorico-launched). When I play the software keyboard it shows output levels but no sound comes out for any of the instruments.
- If I start Dorico and then start Cubase, Cubase cannot use the Yamaha UR44 driver. Dorico still can’t play anything. To get Cubase to see the driver I have to get out of Cubase and Dorico and restart Cubase.
- If I start Cubase first, Dorico cannot use the Yamaha UR44 driver. Cubase works normally.
I am running on Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. Memory, CPU, disk space are not issues. I suspect there is some sort of drive conflict going on.
So far I like Dorico, but not sure that I am willing to purchase it if I can’ figure this out. Thanks in advance for any assistance, I hope it is something very simple and that I feel dumb when someone points out the obvious