Halion Sonic Instruments disabled

I have Cubase 13 installed on 2 computers at home. On one everything works completely as expected. On the other, some Halion Sonic instruments are disabled (as shown in the picture). Is there any reason why this would be happening and how I can resolve it?
Both systems have nearly identical specs and Cubase was installed around the same time and are both fully updated.

1 Like

Hi,

Make sure, you are using the same MySteinberg account, i.e. the same licenses on both systems.

Make sure, MediaBay Component is up to date (it’s getting updated automatically, once you start Steinberg Download Assistant).

You can also try to rename/remove Steinberg MediaBay Server component folder, to reset its preferences. The folder is located here:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Steinberg MediaBay Server
Win: %appData% \Steinberg\Steinberg MediaBay Server

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I manually updated MediaBay and now when I start up Cubase I get the “No Valid Licenses Found” for HALion Sonic Content. It did not resolve the issue with the disabled Halion Sonic instruments. Any additional ideas?
I am using the same Steinberg account.

Hi,

Do you own the licensee, please?

Yes, I do own the license. On the other computer it doesn’t restrict anything with HALion Sonic Content nor does it ever give me a license not found error.

Hi,

Do you use the same MySteinberg account on both systems?

Have you tried to delete the folder?

I did figure out the issue. Apparently one computer needs the usb licenser for the sounds to show up and the other doesn’t so I just swapped the licenser between computers.

Hi,

This doesn’t make sense. Make sure, you have the latest update of all libraries installed, please.

I did delete the folder and reinstall the libraries. It had the same behavior. When I startup Cubase without the e-Licensor, it still says that Halion Sonic Content isn’t licensed even though it is. When the dongle is in, I don’t get any license issues (although there are a few sounds that it still won’t let me access).

Hi,

Are you talking about HALion Sonic or HALion Sonic SE?

Whatever version comes with Cubase 13 Pro. I believe it’s Halion Sonic. Nothing mentions Sonic SE and if I run it as a standalone it doesn’t say SE anywhere and doesn’t complain about any license issues (on either computer).

Hi,

It’s HALio Sonic SE 7.

Thanks. That is quite confusing though. According to the website, HALion Sonic 7 is free whereas HALion 7 and HALion 7 Collection aren’t. Compare the Versions of HALion | Steinberg
Either way, one of my computers is either giving me access to instruments I shouldn’t have or the other is restricting them. Is there a way to determine which scenario my situation falls into so I can figure out how to resolve it?