Halion Sonic SE 3 Content

Halion Sonic SE 3 Content -

Halion Sonic SE PRO
Halion Sonic SE ARTIST
Halion Sonic SE HYBRID
Halion Sonic SE TRIP

Question 1: Where are they?

Halion Sonic SE 3 is only displaying Macro graphic icons for: All, AltoGlockenspiel, HS-SE Basic and HSO. ----------- SE PRO, SE ARTIST, SE HYBRID and SE TRIP are not present at all. I would have thought that if they were going to be anywhere it would be in Halion Sonic SE3 !

Halion Sonic 2 is displaying Macro graphic icons for the SE PRO, SE ARTIST, SE HYBRID and SE TRIP but there is no content present.

Halion 5 is also displaying Macro graphic icons for the SE PRO, SE ARTIST, SE HYBRID and SE TRIP but there is no content present.

I have done fresh downloaded full installs for HS-SE 3 and HS 2, and from my original CD/DVD for Halion 5.

Question 2: Where is the HS SE content stored?

Question £: How can I see which locations are being scanned/used from within the applications?

I don’t think you can see the file locations from within the program.
IMO,that would be much more useful than stuff like ‘genre’ and so on.

It will take some digging, but you could start like this: go into File Explorer, highlight ‘This PC’ or your C drive,
then in the search box in the upper right corner, type in .vstsound and let it search through.
You’ll probably be surprised at how much stuff it throws out in different areas.

Not much to go on, but it’s a start.

If your looking for Steinberg VST Sound Archive files their located (Windows 10) C: - ProgramData (view hidden files must be turned on) -Steinberg - Content - VST Sound. You can copy the file here, also create a folder that contains the files. ie; create a folder named VST Sound - Engine Roar, place the file or files in the folder.
In Halion base level the folder Engine Roar will show and you can select the sample. Also a nice way to organize sound files into sets.
Hope this helps.

If you can see a VST library in Library Manager and you have an active license on e-licenser but can’t load it, this worked for me with Groove Agent 5 and Songwriter Essentials expansion pack (just one VST library was missing - all others had installed without the need for this disabling of the firewall - I had tried everything else I could find on the internet). I ran into this issue after a fresh install on a new PC.

\

1. Uninstall VST library from Steinberg Library Manager
  2. Uninstall VST library from PC using Add/Remove Programs
  3. Disable all firewall/virus protection
  4. DL/Unzip/Install library in default folder
  5. Re-enable firewall/virus protection

Of course also get all the updates and let e-licenser do what it does.

The VST library Songwriter Essentials consists of two files, but only one was showing up (and in a directory different from the others). Firewall was blocking one of the files even when I moved it manually, etc.