HALion Sonic SE 3 free download compatibility questions

• Recently installed Cubase Artist 9.5 (upgrade from Cubase Artist 7.0).
  • Planning to download and install the free version of HALion Sonic SE 3 for usage in another DAW.

When one does this:

1. Will the already installed HALion Sonic SE 3 ór Cubase Artist 9.5 be modified in any way and if this will be the case how?
  2. Will the free version be affected because of this existing installation and if this will be the case in what way?
  3. Will the installation cause other problems that one of the moderators is aware of, like modifying the Halion library or problems with running the free version separately from the Steinberg products? (Compatibility issues with the other DAW left aside of course.)

Kind greetings and thanking you,

Dawnload

Hi and welcome,

1-3) No.

I’ve read many forum posts saying that HSSE and the other Vsts included with Cubase will not work with other DAWs. If you purchase the stand alone full version of the software, then yes, you can use it with other DAWs.

If what I stated above is wrong, I’m sure someone will jump in to correct me. :wink:

Regards. :sunglasses:

HALion Sonic SE 3 is available for any VST3, VST2, AU and AAX compatible host for free, here.

Cool… I stand corrected. Thanks.

Is it the actual instruments included with CB that can’t be used?

Regards. :sunglasses: