Halion Sonic SE 3 Instruments not Loading

Hi There,

Halion Sonic SE 3 instruments don’t seem to populates. I have been trying to follow a beginner’s tutorial where an empty project is loaded and then an instrument track is added using Halion Sonic SE - in the video all the instruments are listed in the Halion window but mine has nothing in it. It seems like I have missed something in setting up Halion.

Can anyone identify my issue and point me in the right direction? I have a screen shot but I don’t know how to attach it here.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi,

Did you install the library, please?

Hi Martin,

I am uncertain. Instructions about how to do that are vague, at best, to my inexperienced eyes.

I definitely installed Halion Sonic SE 3. I am unsure how to install the library. It does appear that step must have been missed. Can you explain how it is supposed to be done?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi,

From the Steinberg Download Assistant > Cubase, download HALion Sonic SE Content, please.

Hi,
I did that. Then repeated the steps for adding an instrument track mentioned above but there was no difference.

Hi,

Do you have the latest version of HALion Sonic SE installed, please?

hi,

yes, I do.

Hi folks,

I have posted already on this topic but so far have not found a solution. I do not think it is a complicated problem for people who are not complete Cubase Newbies, so I am reaching out to you folks to beg you to look at this post. I am sure you will quickly see the problem and know the solution. I just don’t know the standard things and haven’t been able to find anything on the Steinberg website that helps me solve my problem.

Here is a description of the steps I took and resulting faulty result: I simply added an empty project, then added an instrument track and chose Halion Sonic SE. The Halion window then opens but it is not populated with instruments. I have the latest Halion Sonic SE 3 installed and I have downloaded the content for it using the download assistant. I set the target path to a folder on my desktop. I am using a PC with a windows 11 operating system.

Any assistance or ideas or anything at all that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks,

Peter

Open the Steinberg Library Manager.

What is listed? Please post a screen shot showing the entire window

Sorry, I don’t understand the question, “what is listed?” , but here is a screenshot.

Please:

I don’t know what DuckDuckGo is but I opened Library manager from the desktop icon.

Okay, that verifies that the content is correctly installed.

I don’t know if I can actually help you, but let’s try.

Assuming you have the latest version of Halion Sonic SE, 3.5.10, do the following for testing.

1. Quit all Steinberg programs
  2. rename the following folders for testing.
  • %appdata%\Steinberg\HALion Sonic SE_64
  • %appdata%\Steinberg\HALion Sonic SE Standalone_64

Then run Cubase or the HSSE standalone, and check if the content is now displayed.

Use the Windows Run dialog, Win+R
or paste each of these file paths into the address bar of a Windows Explorer

Check the version like I’m doing in the video below:

it’s a search engine

ok. I don’t know where those folders are so first I’ll go about finding them.

@Peter_MacWilliam
Try to set the media bay filter to display program presets. On your screenshot you have it set to display layer presets.

1 Like

So obvious – but I missed it! Thanks @misohoza

Hi Misohoza,

Sorry to take so long to respond. I was travelling.

I set the media bay filter up just as in your screen shot – it made no difference.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Steve,

I had to set aside my Cubase woes temporarily while travelling.

I did what Mishoza suggested but it made no difference. However, I had sent a note to support and steinberg@yamaha responded with this suggestion: Did you also launch the Steinberg Download Assistant and go to the Cubase AI 11 section and try reinstalling the Halion Sonic SE content? So I did that and must have done something right because now the instruments populate.

But I notice that all the entries in the lower window have a minus sign to the left (mishoza’s didn’t look like that). And as well, only odd-numbered bars are displaying. You can see both of these issues in the screenshot below. Do you have any advice?

Thanks,

Peter

1 Like

Hi again, Mishoza,

I had received some advice from support at Steinberg@yamaha and they suggested this: “Did you also launch the Steinberg Download Assistant and go to the Cubase AI 11 section and try reinstalling the Halion Sonic SE content?

Yamaha Canada Music Technical Service” - I did this and it seems to have worked.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

~WRD000.jpg