Halion Sonic SE 3 Instruments not Loading

hi,

yes, I do.

Hi folks,

I have posted already on this topic but so far have not found a solution. I do not think it is a complicated problem for people who are not complete Cubase Newbies, so I am reaching out to you folks to beg you to look at this post. I am sure you will quickly see the problem and know the solution. I just don’t know the standard things and haven’t been able to find anything on the Steinberg website that helps me solve my problem.

Here is a description of the steps I took and resulting faulty result: I simply added an empty project, then added an instrument track and chose Halion Sonic SE. The Halion window then opens but it is not populated with instruments. I have the latest Halion Sonic SE 3 installed and I have downloaded the content for it using the download assistant. I set the target path to a folder on my desktop. I am using a PC with a windows 11 operating system.

Any assistance or ideas or anything at all that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks,

Peter

Open the Steinberg Library Manager.

What is listed? Please post a screen shot showing the entire window

Sorry, I don’t understand the question, “what is listed?” , but here is a screenshot.

Please:

I don’t know what DuckDuckGo is but I opened Library manager from the desktop icon.

Okay, that verifies that the content is correctly installed.

I don’t know if I can actually help you, but let’s try.

Assuming you have the latest version of Halion Sonic SE, 3.5.10, do the following for testing.

1. Quit all Steinberg programs
  2. rename the following folders for testing.
  • %appdata%\Steinberg\HALion Sonic SE_64
  • %appdata%\Steinberg\HALion Sonic SE Standalone_64

Then run Cubase or the HSSE standalone, and check if the content is now displayed.

Use the Windows Run dialog, Win+R
or paste each of these file paths into the address bar of a Windows Explorer

Check the version like I’m doing in the video below:

it’s a search engine

ok. I don’t know where those folders are so first I’ll go about finding them.

@Peter_MacWilliam
Try to set the media bay filter to display program presets. On your screenshot you have it set to display layer presets.

1 Like

So obvious – but I missed it! Thanks @misohoza

Hi Misohoza,

Sorry to take so long to respond. I was travelling.

I set the media bay filter up just as in your screen shot – it made no difference.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Steve,

I had to set aside my Cubase woes temporarily while travelling.

I did what Mishoza suggested but it made no difference. However, I had sent a note to support and steinberg@yamaha responded with this suggestion: Did you also launch the Steinberg Download Assistant and go to the Cubase AI 11 section and try reinstalling the Halion Sonic SE content? So I did that and must have done something right because now the instruments populate.

But I notice that all the entries in the lower window have a minus sign to the left (mishoza’s didn’t look like that). And as well, only odd-numbered bars are displaying. You can see both of these issues in the screenshot below. Do you have any advice?

Thanks,

Peter

1 Like

Hi again, Mishoza,

I had received some advice from support at Steinberg@yamaha and they suggested this: “Did you also launch the Steinberg Download Assistant and go to the Cubase AI 11 section and try reinstalling the Halion Sonic SE content?

Yamaha Canada Music Technical Service” - I did this and it seems to have worked.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

~WRD000.jpg

Hi Peter,

Good to hear you managed to solve the missing content.

The red signs means the program is recognised but cannot be used, most likely because of missing license.

Can you open the Download assistant again and check what HSSE content you get with Cubase 11 AI vs Cubase 11 Elements? I think it’s the same content (same size).

Different Cubase versions come with different content. With older versions of HSSE you wouldn’t see the unlicensed content at all. With the latest version of HSSE you see everything but the unlicensed content has those red signs.

Hi Misohoza,

I’ve attached a couple of screenshots showing what displays in the download assistant for Cubase Elements 11 and for Cubase AI 11 and they appear to be the same for Halion content. When I installed Cubase the resulting desktop icon is labeled “Cubase LE AI Elements 11”

Hi @Peter_MacWilliam

This is a screenshot of Cubase comparison:

It is for Cubase 12 but I think it’s the same for Cubase 11.
Elements come with Artist and Basic Set while AI only comes with Basic.

I think all the presets that show the red sign are part of the Artist Set. If you have Cubase AI you don’t have license for these. Why they put them in download assistant… I don’t know.

You could try to run the Library manager and remove the Artist Set and see if you get rid of those red signs.

Hello -

SImilar question here … wondering if I have all my HSSE Content downloaded?

I’m not able to figure out how to use the instructions above to help answer that question. I did take a pic of my Steinberg Downloaded Assistant screen, below. Does the size of the content downloaded/installed help tell me if I’ve got everything, vs. am missing some content?

C12 Pro, W10

Thank you!

Use the Library Name filter in the preset browser to see if you have these libraries:

1 Like

Thank you, @Romantique_Tp !

I do have all those listed.

Does that mean I have all the samples downloaded in each of them that I should?

Thanks!

Edit: Just used Media Bay for the first time this weekend, and as part of my get-to-know-the-function activities I re-scanned everything, including Halion Sonic SE.

I guess that’s as sure as I can get that I’m not missing any content. I was just surprised how little there was in some categories.

Thanks for your help again!