Halion Sonic SE 3 problems, instruments not loading

I am currently trying out Dorico Pro and have 4 days left. I like the program so far, but the VST engine that comes with the program is acting weird.
First issue: it will get stuck on drums/percussion as the only sounds I can choose. Rescan disk does not work.
And on the first page that loads when I try to choose other instruments for my score, it seems out of sync with my mouse. Here is a link to a video, so you can see, what I mean: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjsottjU7z-3i4MQ3vCcp1mZv9oHfg?e=hh6Psy
Hope you can help. Kind Regards Carsten Coach

Could you please do Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here please?
And are you sure that you downloaded and installed both sound installer packages?

Regarding the displaced HALion window, that is a known bug. The easiest workaround is to click and hold the titlebar of that window and move it a little bit, then it will snap back.

Hej Ulf.
Ehm… I am not quite sure what you mean by “do Help>”.
And what do you mean by “both” installer packages?
There is only one instrument installer package. And I installed it all. I made sure of that. I’ve even tried to uninstall and install again to fix the problem.
Regarding you’re answer to the “displaced window”. In the last couple of years, I have noticed that more and more bugs like this, slowly creeps into programs. And instead of the programmers fixing them, the user has to find a workaround. That is pure laziness from the programmers and the company that pays them. Sorry, but that is just my opinion.

“Do Help” means “Go to the Help menu within Dorico and click the menu item described as Create Diagnostics Report”.

Thank you.
Have to teach now. Be back in 45…
Coach

And sorry, I forgot, in the past we had 2 sound installer packages, but now it’s only one.

1 Like

Here is the diagnostics file.Dorico Diagnostics.zip (664.2 KB)

Thanks for the data. From the logs it looks like that the sounds are installed properly. Please, could you reset the audio engine data, so that everything gets rescanned?
In order to do so, open the Preferences dialog in Dorico, choose the VST Plug-ins tab and scroll all the way down. Push the button ‘Reset Audio Engine Data’ and restart Dorico. Still no percussion sounds?

Hej Ulf.
It didn’t work. I also tried to clear audio engine cache. No results.
It’s beginning to be a pain. :frowning:

Do you have time for a remote screen sharing session? Please send mail to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’ and we can sort the details.

Yes I do and I just stumbled on to something strange. I have 3 instances of the Halion Engine loaded for my project and the problem I have only occurs in the first. But you can see that in a bit.

I don’t understand the way you wrote that email. Sorry.

it’s like u.stoermer@ and so on.
You know, I don’t want my plain address here in the forum, because bots will pick them up…

Thank you. :slight_smile: