Halion Sonic SE Common Presets Content missing from Sequel 3 Library

I am a long time user of Sequel 3 and went to upload and revisit a track I recorded 5 years ago. The track incorporated a number of Halion Sonic SE pre-sets; which have now all disappeared from my content library. I have not changed machine, content location, etc. Where have they gone??

Do I need a new version of software (instead of Sequel 3)? If so what product will allow me to still load my old sequel projects and have access to all the content libraries I have licenses for?

Thanks,

Simon

1 Like

I have the same issue, no one seems to know the answer. My project had loops and sounds. None of the sounds work, only loops are playing. It’s a lost cause I suppose. Sequel was a great software, wish they kept it going.

Some thoughts.

I wonder if the vstsound files with SP in the name mean “Sequel Preset”

I have noticed that the Steinberg library manager does not seem to see these files to manage their location. However despite the library not listing them directly if I click on the file with SP in its title the Library app opens appears to search my vest sound database and responds with “sound already registered”.

As I am not familiar with how sequel worked ie did its sounds always require Halion Sonic SE.

If so , assuming sequel is still supported, are these now part of a different library sound file?

Cheers
David

Yes that is the same case with me. The Preset Sounds show up in the library and I can select them they will load, but they will not create any sound.
Sorry for late response I haven’t been here, I put my project on the back burner and now was trying to resolve it so I can finish it, that’s when I logged here and saw your response. Wish Steinberg could help, I mean they sold it, there should be some kind of support, since people work on DAWs and create projects, and these projects can go lost. It’s a bad practice these companies do. Same thing happened with EchoAudio, my layla 3G was still working but they stopped updating drivers, so the hard ware is obselete although it works.
If you were able to find any solution for Sequel let me know.
Thanks
Cheers