Halion Sonic SE Core Library not being found

Hello Everyone,

I am a windows user and I’ve been having some trouble with Dorico and the Halion Sonic SE VST Plugin. I first installed Dorico and Halion on an old device, where everything seemed to be working fine. I started creating a new score and added a couple of instruments which were all audible. I then got a new device and re-installed everything. My current problem is that when I want to load in any new instrument, the “All instrument Sets” page in the Halion Plugin seems to be empty with the exception of a percussion library.

When I look on the Steinberg Library Manager, the installation path is visible. I am wondering if I haven’t routed the Plugin properly or something to that degree.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Cheers,

Michael Hirst

Assuming that you are on Dorico 3.5, please try following:
Stop Dorico, then rename the folder C:\Users<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 3.5 AudioEngine_64 to something else. Start Dorico and see if it’s any better then.
If not, choose from the main menu ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and send the corresponding zip file to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. Thanks

Hello Ulf,

I tried what you said, but Dorico wouldn’t even open after that. I had to re-install it. I’m sending you the diagnostic report right now. Thanks for the help!

Cheers, Michael