Halion Sonic SE does not properly install in dorico 3.5

No. First go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components\HALion Sonic SE and in there is the HALion Sonic SE.dll. Take that file and move it out, e.g. to your Desktop. Then try again to start Dorico. What is it doing then?
Also, on the dll file you just moved out, do a right-click and choose Eigenschaften (and then Details). What version number does it show there?

I dont have this.

Hm, but where is it then? Can you please go in File Explorer (Dateimanager) to C:\Program Files and then in the search field type HALion Sonic SE.dll. Can it be found?
And let’s check in the Windows Control Panel. Press the Windows key and then type control panel and the enter key. Then choose Programs and in the list that gets shown there look for HALion Sonic SE Component. What version is shown there?

Sorry! Found it and moved it away and it seems to be working!
Great, thanks!
What does that mean?
And do I still need that file somewhere`?

Well, strictly spoken, you don’t need it, but you won’t get any playback then.
First I want to know, the DLL that you finally found, what version is it?

…cancel this.

After moving .dll out I get this message:

In EIgenschaften it says:

But now that its on the desktop I get no error messaag e anymore.

That error message is actually only an alert, but it actually tells you that exactly HALion Sonic SE could not be found (of course, because it is now on your desktop :wink: )
From the second screenshot I can not see the version number, you need to click on Details at the top of that window, then we can see the version.
I suspect though that it is the wrong version, namely 3.5.x, but that one is too new and will not work with Dorico 3.5 which at most works with HALion Sonic SE 3.4.40.
So please first check what version got installed with you.

Here it is:
It´s actually 3.4.0:

Hm, that is too early, it should be 3.4.40, but also not later.

What version does get installed when you get the installer via the link that I’ve sent 5 days ago?

th is the one from the link I sent you.

I will provide you with another link tomorrow morning…

Hi @Dolly_Pampanga , I’ve sent you a private message via this board. Please check.

Thank you, I downloaded and installed it.
I again get the alert from Halion “Some sound are missing”.

But at least it is not crashing any more, right?

Please create now another diagnostics report and post here. Thanks

Is this something something specific to Dorico? The latest version of HS SE is supposed to be backwards compatible with the eLicenser, i.e. you can use it with Cubase 11 and older even without a Cubase 12 license.

Also I suspect that Dolly is not extracting the content installer .zip file. It seems that they’re running HALionSonicSE.msi instead of Setup.exe like they’re supposed to.

Actually, I’m not that much into the details, but my understanding is that what I’ve described, but you can also prove me wrong.

Here are 2 recent crash dumps: (yes it did sill crash but not every time I quit)
Dorico 3.5 AudioEngine 3.1.11.23 64bit 2022.8.24 11.17.dmp (384.3 KB)
Dorico 3.5 AudioEngine 3.1.11.23 64bit 2022.8.24 12.22.dmp (338.6 KB)

@Dolly_Pampanga And I’d like to have a new diagnostics report, please. (Help > Create Diagnostics Report)

Hi @Dolly_Pampanga , so according to the crash dumps you now have HSSE 3.4.40 but obviously still those crashes, only fewer of them.
I just spoke with someone from the HALion team and indeed, my assumption was wrong, even HSSE 3.5 should work together with Dorico 3.5.
So may I ask you to download HSSE 3.5 from here, install it and then try and see if that one behaves any better? Thanks

Thanks! I will do.
Last 2 days no error messigaes anymore, but also no sound from HALion.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (590.3 KB)