Halion sonic SE drums programming

Hi there,

I’m trying to get my drumset to sound a bit better than what Noteperformer gives me. I managed to get another snare sound, but to change the whole Kit doesn’t really work. How can I dedicate samples from Halion to play on the notes that I want?
The second question is whether it’s possible to adjust the latency on these samples…note performer seems to be pretty late timing-wise.
Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum!

For using a virtual instrument patch from another library than the one automatically assigned by Dorico, you would also have to assign the right expression map to it, or in the case of drum kits — a percussion map. This will let Dorico know which notes on the VI holds which percussion instrument technique so that Dorico can play them back at the right time and place.

This part of the manual describes how to do it:

Since percussion maps for many of HALion’s drum kits come pre-installed there is a good chance that you already have a matching percussion map.

If you have timing issues, simply try putting a delay effect on the “earliest” instrument in the mixer for compensation.