Halion Sonic SE fx issue

Hello,

I started a project at around 100 bpm. I started building drums and a few instruments (instruments all from the halion sonic se).

I was working with a rapper at the time, he was feeling the track so far but wanted it a bit slower. Not a problem since we were still only using midi tracks so far! So i slowed down the project by around 4 bpm and kept on working… After a bit more beatmaking, he jumped in the booth and got a hook done… we left it at that for the day.

NOW, After rendering the project, the tempo delay built into the Halion Sonic SE patches was all out of time. It was no longer bouncing along with the beat, it was delaying at what felt to be a faster rate than it was supposed to be. (not the extra fx you can route too, but the DELAY built right into the HSSE patch). I found it a bit odd but hey, weird things happen sometimes… I re-opened Cubase (v6.0.2 still) and played the project… it sounded normal… OK , re-render then… AND again, the delays were all out of time. After re-rendering i went back and played the project file again… the delays were out of time in the project now!!! yikes! So again, re-opened cubase and played the project back… now its normal again…

SO, I routed a loopback off my interface and recorded the mix back to an audio track, found it in my bin and sent it to the artist via email (since he was long gone by then, i had to work out the tekkie crap on my own LOL)

Anyone else ever have an issue like this??? is it not a good idea to adjust your projects tempo after recording a few notes and loading a few halion sonic se patches>>?? Seems like the rendering engine kicks something out of sync and keeps it out of sync untill cubase is restarted…

Help!! we have more sessions to come on this project and i don’t want to be realtime recording our bounce every time we make a change…

Thanks!