Halion Sonic SE - Loading Program Failed for patches

A bit of background, I recently purchased Cubase 6 and immediately during the licensing process it prompted me to upgrade to 6.5 and have recently installed 6.5.1 thinking it would resolve the issue but not so, also running Win7 32bit.

The problem is that when trying to load patches with Halion Sonic SE by opening the Load Program down arrow, I can see in the search panel the libraries of Halion Sonic SE Artist, Halion Sonic SE Basic, Halion Sonic SE Pro and associated sounds, all the Basic sounds will load without a problem. When I try to load anything from the Artist or Pro libraries it comes up with the popup message “Loading Program Failed”.

Tried re-installing from the install CD the HalionSonicSE_Content.msi a few times but this made no difference. I can see a number of vstsound files in C:\Program Data\Steinberg\Content and in C:\Program Data\Steinberg\Content\Halion that appear to relate to the libraries.

This has been driving me crazy for days, I suspect there may be other parts that may not have loaded or pointing correctly but I haven’t got there yet, any assistance or direction will be appreciated.

Hi,
I’m also having a problem with Halion SE although I think mine is more down to me being daft. I have cubase 6.5 - is the version of Halion Se that comes with it the full version? I can’t select any presets, can’t find where they may have been installed and can only play the initial sound which is like an arpegiated/gated sweeping string sound. Do I have the full version? Any guidance much appreciated.

*Edit…I have just noticed that there is a version of HalionOne with it also…is that the full version? If so it’s also not showing that there are any presets. I’m lost here. Which version is full and what can I do to get it going?

Same problem here, Cubase 6.5 Win 7 Halion Sonic basically useless. No programs will load.

Steinberg needs to create a fix it tool that searches your whole drive and puts all their software where it ought to be located. So stupidly difficult to install their software correctly. I’m sure it’s awesome but almost none of it works.

Symphonic Orchestra, Triebwerk, Hypnotic Dance, they’re all installed… multiple times… but Cubase can’t see any of it.

I’m having these problems as well. I upgraded to Cubase 7 today and nothing yet.

Steinberg just didn’z provided easy and normal way to install those VSTi components to work. Did anyone resolve these issues?

"Hi there,

I know that we have posted several threads related to reset preferences, install for anyone etc.
I also understand, that this seems to be annoying to read the same again.
But I have noticed that some guys had problems to follow every step. This is why I have now collected all necessary steps together(This is why I have now collected all necessary steps together(I hope so, if I have forgotten one I will re- edit the post))."

If you have made the Upgrade from Cubase 6.5 to Cubase 7, please ensure that you have installed every Update for Cubase 6.5.
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_65.html

1.****- Please remove the eLicenser Control Center with the Windows control Panel/Program and Features

- Please download and install now the latest eLicenser Control Center:

Please try to reset the HALion Sonic SE preferences:
“C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion Sonic SE_64”
rename to:
“C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion Sonic SE_64’_inactive”

…Or just delete it, it will be newly created while the next start of HALion Sonic SE.
If you have got also installed HALion Sonic or the HALion 4, please reset as well their preferences.

Please reset your Cubase 6 and Cubase 7 by generating a new preferences folder.
In order to do so you must rename the following folder:

Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6_64”
Please rename to
“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6_64 inactive”

The same afterwards for Cubase 7 64_bit:

“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7_64”
Please rename to
“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7_64 inactive”

Do not rename or delete the whole Steinberg folder
In the Steinberg folder is a Content folder that keeps important data and VST3 presets:
C:\Users[Usersname]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content
If you have previously deleted the whole Steinberg folder, please re- install the whole Cubase Content (Loopmash 2, Groove Agent one, HALion Sonic SE etc.) for “anyone that uses this computer”

Preferences that you have grown accustomed to and that have taken a lot of time to configure - the key commands for instance - can be copied from the inactive folder to the newly created active preferences folder at a later point.

On Windows it could be that preferences folder is not visible. To see those hidden files:

1. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.
  2. Click the View tab.
  3. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

• Now please start Cubase 7
  • Open up the Cubase Mediabay (F5)
  • Please scan the whole System- Drive (C:)first, wait until all folders are completely scanned. This could take some minutes, no folder should be coloured red
  • Now please scan the whole VST Sound area
  • Now open up the HALion Sonic SE, HALion Sonic or the HALion 4

I hope this works

Cheers,

Marcus