Halion Sonic SE problem

When opening Halion Sonic SE, I get the sounds but in the Edit Tab it shows:

“No Layer Edit Page Found”
"Please make sure that the required VST sound instrument set is correctly installed.

Not sure why this is happening and how to correct it.

Do you have last update of HALion Sonic SE? Do you have last version of eLicenser Control Center? Are you sure, it’s installed properly?

When does it start? Was it OK in the past?

Yes, on all accounts. I had Halion Sonic trail version that I did not want, so when the trial version expired, I kept getting errors when loading some past projects where I used Halion Sonic. So I had to uninstall the trial version. I think this is when I started getting this error message.

To be sure, you uninstalled the trial version properly, read this article, please.

Yes, I’ve done that. After it uninstalled Halion Sonic, it left something called “Halion Sonic Content”. I wasn’t sure if I should uninstall this, but I was still getting e-License errors for Halion Sonic. I saw that Hallion Sonic SE had its own “Halion Sonic SE Content” so I felt secure in uninstalling “Halion Sonic Content”. After that I no no longer got the e-Licence errors. This is the view and error I see when I click the Edit Tab in Halion Sonic SE. I can get to all the instruments and all the instruments work and sound fine…it’s just the Edit Tab view that denies me access to the controls with the error I mentioned. See Attachment:

I think, the Content of HALion Sonic SE is placed on differen hard drive, or in different folder.

Search your drive for files with the extension .vstsound. Sounds for Halion Sonic SE will have HSSE in the filename (like: FCP_SMT_089_HSSE_Basic_Synth_Presets_01.vstsound or FCP_SMT_078_HSSE_GM_Presets_01.vstsound).

These files should be placed here:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

If you will find these files on different place, move them here, please.

I found just 4 files and moved them to where you said. I’m still getting that error on the Edit Tab page. The odd thing is that ALL THE SOUND LOAD UP AND PLAY CORRECTLY. It just that error in the Edit Tab.

Strange…

Maybye, the reinstalation of HALion Sonic SE is the fastest way, how to solve this.

I did find something odd…When you said
“These files should be placed here:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound”

I fond some more located in:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Halion\VST Sound"

I moved the files but still get that error

Should I uninstall Halion Sonic SE first before trying to reinstall?

Usualy I say, it’s not necessary. But in this case, for sure, it will be better to unisntall it.

One more question…Do I have reinstall all of Cubase 6 or will it give me the option to select Halion Sonic SE?

It should give you an option to install HALion Sonic SE only.

Thanks very much for all your help.