HALion Sonic SE Trip is not available Cubase 7.5 - Solved!!!

I have upgraded to Cubase 7.5 and then to 7.5.20 and HALion Sonic SE Trip is not available under the Library Name when I go to add program to the Multi Program Rack in Halion Sonic SE 2. I have searched my hard drive for .vstsound & HSSE files. This is a new item for Cubase 7.5 correct?. Nice sales pitch but not available in my upgrade. How can I get they “Trip” Library?

Aloha j,

Did you try a ‘Rescan’ of the ‘MediaBay’?

Good Luck!
{‘-’}

Ok I did Rescan’ of the 'MediaBay… nothing changed, still no Halion Sonic SE Trip Library? :cry:

Have you downloaded the ISO of DVD 2 which is the Halion Sonic SE additional content disc? I like you had this issue until I downloaded this big file and then mounted it and installed using a virtual drive. It’s located on the FTP just below the 7.5 update.

it was not made clear to me that I needed to download this when I updated but I did have trip after doing so.

The update package does only contain the updated program files for Cubase 7.5. To update the HALion Sonic SE files to HALion Sonic SE 2, you will need the corresponding ISO file:

http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubase_7_and_Cubase_Artist_7/7.5.0/ISO/45201_DVD5_HALSonic_SE_Content_2.iso

Windows 7 users need to install an additional tool in order to mount the file as a virtual drive. I recommend WinCDEmu: WinCDEmu - Download

Mounting ISO files is supported natively under Windows 8/8.1 and Mac OS X 10.x

Thanks Fellpe, after two attempts with loading the iso image and finding the content installer in that image … it worked. Seems like there should be an easier method Fellpe? Don’t you think? I wonder how many people, like me, loaded 7.5 thinking that everything would install on it’s own. Just to find out when they go to use the new tools that they don’t have everything.

But thanks again for your quick response!! :smiley:

Well, I don’t see it like that, sorry. HALion Sonic SE (2) is a VST-Instrument, and in my opinion, updating its content is optional. In addition to that, the HALion Sonic SE modules have been always provided within in the second DVD. The update patch (around 920Mb) only contains the updated program files. The downloads section for Cubase 7.5 clearly shows the HALion Sonic SE 2 ISO image below the first one corresponding to Cubase 7.5.0. However, it seems that there is still some confusion regarding update patches, so I will take this into consideration as Feedback from your side for future improvements.