HALion Sonic SE update problem

Received this email: “Steinberg news: Latest updates and tutorials Feb. 7.” This announced Halion updates: “We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the update versions 6.1 for HALion and 3.1 for HALion Sonic and HALion Sonic SE.” Looking to update HALion Sonic SE3, I clicked on the enclosed link, which took me to a page containing links to updates for HALion Sonic 6.1 and HALion Sonic 3.1. Since there was no separate SE link, I assumed the HALion Sonic 3.1 was what I was looking for. I went to the update page, downloaded and installed it. Big mistake.

I opened Cubase 9.5 and after a load which slowed way down to check licenses, I ended up with an error window: “Some content could not be loaded. Either, licenses are missing, or trial licenses have expired,” with this statement followed by a long list of HALion Sonic Factory presets and VST3 presets (screenshot attached).

I uninstalled HALion Sonic 3.1, did a search and found the correct download page for HALion Sonic SE 3.1 and installed that, hoping that the content error would go away. The content error (and slow load) DID NOT go away. Could someone kindly advise me on how to eliminate this content error?

Also, Steinberg really should send out another email with a corrected link, if anyone in a position to do so is reading this.

Thanks very much.
Peter
halion bad content.JPG

See here