Halion Sonic String Expression Problem

I always get these weird things when trying to scroll up or down the Sonic Halion String Expression Map - which makes working/assigning etc with it nearly impossible.
Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-12 um 09.17.07.png

I’ve seen one other report of this kind of display problem in HALion Sonic SE. Are you running the latest available version of HSSE (version 3.4)? Is your Mac up-to-date with graphics drivers, etc.?

Hey Daniel,

sorry for getting back so late.

I checked the very same session on my MacBook and I don’t have these problems.
What I can definitely answer is:

1. I don’t know how to update graphic drivers - I’m running High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Mac Pro and can’t go any higher anymore on this machine
  2. I’m running HSSE 3.4.0.101

Does this help anyhow?

Thanks, at least you’re running the latest version of HSSE. Unfortunately I suspect this is some kind of graphics bug in HALion that only affects certain graphics chipsets and/or operating system versions.

Today Steinberg announced some “Instrument Maintenance Updates”. The latest version of HSSE is now on 3.4.10. Perhaps you give it a try.

Thanx for the Info.
I’m not sure about how to update HSSE within Dorico. Can you help? Does it happen automatically?

No Steinberg products update themselves automatically, I’m afraid. If you want to try the new version, you’ll need to download it. You can find the HSSE 3.4.10 installer here.

I updated to HSSE 3.4.10 - the graphical problems are still there…

This doesn’t surprise me, I’m afraid.