HALion Sonic VST file not being recognized by Ableton 7

Hey,

Can anyone help me get Halion to open up in Live 7? Halion works as a stand alone but I can’t even get ableton to recognize the folder under it’s “VST source” menu.

Don’t know if I’m being super clear on my issue but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I hope someone is able to help.

Thanks,

1 Like

I’m in the exact same boat with Ableton 8. I just don’t know why it’s not recognizing the file, I’ve been trying to find an answer for a while now.

Hopefully someone has something to contribute to end this issue, I’ve even sent an e-mail to Steinberg technical support but that was like over a week ago and I still haven’t heard anything back. Anyone on this forum have any ideas?

Joe Major.

I’m just hoping (and praying) that an admin sees this and responds because if this isn’t possible or there’s no fix for this, this product is literally useless to me.

IN ORDER THO GET LIVE TO RECOGNIZE HALION SONIC, YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY COPY AND PAST THE HALION DDL FILE AND PAST IT INTO THE VERSION OF LIVE THAT YOU’RE USING FOLDER.

PC USERS: MOST LIKELY YOU CAN ACCESS THE DDL FILE BY GOING TO YOUR C: DRIVE → PROGRAMS (X86) ->STEINBERG → HALION SONIC → COMPONENTS.

THE ABLETON LIVE FOLDER CAN BE ACCESSED IN PROGRAMS (X86) AS WELL UNDER ABLETON → FIND WHATEVER VERSION YOU ARE USING-> PROGRAMS AND THE PAST THE DDL FILE IN THEIR.

OPEN LIVE AND GO TO THE PLUGIN ICON ON THE TOP LEFT OF THE SCREEN AND CLICK IT. IF IT DOESN’T APPEAR, GO TO OPTIONS THEN PREFERENCES THEN FILE FOLDER. FIND RESCAN PLUGINS, HIT RESCAN AND THAT SHOULD DO IT.
I HOPE THIS HELPS.

GOOD LUCK

You mean the normal way to get a program to recognise VST’s? The reason this thread was created was because that method doesn’t work.

I appreciate your time and effort but we still don’t have a resolution.

Hi,

one reason can be, that you´ve installed the HALionSonic 64bit-version only.
Ableton Live can only run in 32bit and therefor it cant see 64bit plugins.

Cubender