Halion Symphonic Orchestra Download-Version

No VST2 instrument is included (as far as I know). I believe Steinberg End-of-Lifed VST2 a while back. Thus, no plugin provided in that format - only VST3.

They stopped support for VST 2.3 but I believe 2.4 is still supported.
J.L.

HALion Symphonic Orchestra can be used as a stand-alone VST instrument in VST 3, VST 2 and AU compatible hosts and as an expansion set for VST instruments HALion…

By the way Padshop and Retrologue come with VST 2 versions too.

After contacting support they sent me a link to download a compact Installer (without content, I had the HSO VST Instrument Set installed already). Installed it and now everything works fine, including the VST 2 Instrument. :smiley:

M1000, I would like to buy HSO if it includes VST2. I am not likely to be able to reach customer support before the Black Friday sale ends - could you please confirm if VST2 sounds are included in the 16 bit HSO?

Thanks very much in advance,
Jac

Hmmm, re-reading, I think you were able to keep VST2s you already had; but they are not included in that format in the current HSO package? Anyway, thanks for any info on this.

I bought the HSO special anyway. However, before registering it, I would like to know if it is possible there are VST2’s (anything earlier than VST3) in it? I am using it in Cubase El 7 but would also like to use it in another DAW, which cannot read VST3 or the AU instrument.

I’ve asked Support for help but any eaqrlier or additional advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jac

VST2 & VST3 & Standalone

There’s a lot more information here. The Sound-set was 24bit when first released in 2006 then restructured in 2011 to 16bit, hence the new smaller file size.

Does anyone know if the latest mac version (1.1.1) is 64bit? I’m guessing it is if Steinberg put it out in 2014 but I can’t find it mentioned explicitly anywhere. I’m looking for a 64bit replacement for Miroslav as my i7 MBP is struggling with CPU load so doing everything possible to reduce fan noise.

Also - what was the Black Friday discount out of curiosity?! :mrgreen:

Happy New Year everyone.

hey some body can help me HELLO RECENTLY IT BUYS A KIT OF LOOPS AND SOUNDS AND NOT AS TO USE THEM WITHIN CUBASE PODRIAN TO EXPLAIN TO ME SINCE IT IS MADE PLEASE