Halion1 vst

For some reason I can’t get the Halion1 vst to sound when playing the hardware keyboard.
Plays my midi track, records midi no problems but when I add a instrument track then record theres is no audio ONLY on playback!

Any ideas anyone?

You are talking about Halion1 or HalionOne…? And what is your Cubase version? And what kind of track are you actually recording on - a MIDI track or an instrument track…? With what interface and on what system…?

Any vst, but was trying out HalionOne!

I think I got to the bottom of the issue…

Cubase 4 LE, running windows 7 interface is a Alesis Multimix 8 usb.

I layed down a instrument track and selected HalionOne vst. Played the keys no sound! only on playback you could hear the vst.

I went into the preference tab and scrolled down to MIDI FILTER setting and unticked “MIDI NOTES” in the THUR option.
VST’s can now be heard playing live and on playback…but now the midi hardware sounds naf, like listening to a sound through a tin can. If you change the channel of the hardware keyboard to say “1” and change cubase midi track to channel “2”
all sounds well but you obviously need two channels the same as to be able to record on, so in theory I’ve now created a new problem, its like you can’t have your cake and eat it…

Thank for you reply by the way.