HALion4 upgrade from Sonic SE

Hello all, I recently purchased HALion4 (and got the 4.5.4 upgrade), but now when I open H4 or Cubase 7 it tells me that Sonic SE could not be opened because of “License error, no valid license found”. Am I supposed to just uninstall Sonic SE now that I have H4? Am I correct in assuming the sounds/functions of Sonic SE are included in the full version of H4?

TIA :mrgreen: !

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Hexcore 3.2 Ghz
8Gb Ram
2T Hard Drive
Audiophile 2496

Hi there,

We had same problems with our server on the weekend. Apologies for causing this problem. The server’s up and running again. Please let me know if you are still having this issue.

Thanks Matthias, but yes I’m still getting the error messages. I even updated the maintenance on my USB-elicenser just in case. I’ve attached a screen shot of the errors I’m receiving.

Phillip
Steinberg.pdf (501 KB)

Have you updated HALion Sonic SE to 1.6.3 as well? The patch was released in December.

Here is the link:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_65.html

I tried running the update, but it informed me that my software was already at ver 1.6.3. Any other suggestions?

Did you install the HSO Trial over 30 days ago? It seems like the trial period expired.

As you have shown in your screenshot the pop up window in the Hub gives you the option to purchase the permanent license or to remove the expired one.