Halion6 presets defaulting to 3 star rating

I have deleted all star ratings from the presets in all Halion6 instrument sets, so that I can decide for myself what star rating I should give each preset, as and when I try them.
This seemed to work well for a while, but now, when I move off a preset to try another one, Halion6 automatically gives the previous preset a 3 star rating. I can’t remember changing any configuration to cause this.
Is there a way of preventing this, because it is a pain to have to go back and delete / amend the 3 star rating?

Agree I hate that the default is 3 stars, it should be blank (and not just Halion, it’s anything that can get rated). I tried deleting them all some years ago, but as new items were added or tweaked the 3 stars kept creeping back in.

I tried for awhile to use a custom Field in Media Bay for my own ratings. But that added just enough hassle that I didn’t really use it. But your mileage might vary for something like that.

Eventually I just gave up and use the stars. But I only rate things with 0, 4 or 5 stars. Anything with 1, 2 or 3 stars counts as 0 which indicates Unrated, 5 means it has been used in something and 4 means I liked it but haven’t actually used it, so stuff with potential.

2 Likes

Thanks Raino,
That’s great advice and I’ll follow your method from now on.
I’ll also add this to the features request thread, if it isn’t already there.
Cheers,
Jonathan :slight_smile: