Hammer Ons and Pull Off and Slides

That’s also quite problematic. The only way I think we could address this would be by allowing slurs to be hidden in the notation staff. At the moment I don’t think we have a good plan for this kind of thing.

Dorico is a beautiful little miracle. Like a grand piano it is beautiful even before a note is played. I’m hoping it gradually catches up on the features of some other music applications, and guitar notation is a good example. I do a lot of this and it’s obvious that, for example, GuitarPro 7 (being a dedicated guitar notator) is a lot easier and intuitive for inputting things like slides and bends. Both in notation and tablature. There is a super-simple panel to the left of the page and with one click one has the appropriate technique: slide in, slide out, bend, slap, rasguado, down pick, up pick, etc, etc. (I enclose a screenshot) And it plays back the techniques, too. I think Dorico could appeal to a lot of guitarists and I am wondering if something similar could be incorporated into Dorico, e.g. with Shift G one opens a dedicated guitar panel. Without the need to open Layout options or to scroll through all the finicky items in the bottom panel.

Of course, if you had this for guitar, then everybody would want it for other instruments. Mmmmm. Daniel, you need some clones.
guitar techniques.png

Over time you can expect a greater number of idiomatic notations for guitar, but everything takes time to implement.

Of course. Thanks Daniel