Hanging file Multiple Kontakts My own expression maps

Curious if someone can check this zipped dorico report. Hangs on load… I will try it again but I believe this file does not hang on windows 8 settings… you might see. It hangs at pressing play when Dorico in windows 10 settings. I don’t know what place inline means down there but I assume it is available without clicking it. Thanks This uses the silent template as a starting point.

Just looked crashes folder and nothing is there… forget it i guess
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (287 KB)

Hm, from my perspective, everything looks normal. Are you maybe too impatient and just need to wait a little longer for that project to load?
You are using 6 instances of Kontakt, so that will take some time to load in everything properly, also loading of the sounds and so on.

Btw., do you really need that many Kontakts, is every Kontakt loaded with multiple sounds or just one? Same as Halion Sonic, Kontakt can produce multiple sounds at the same time, so I doubt that you have set up Kontakt in an efficient way.

Ok I will reduce kontakt instances however there is no doubt I waited long enough. Thanks for getting back will give it a go tomorrow.

I have light and sound chamber loaded into one kontakt with dorico silent template and my own expression maps. Loaded fine with no music entered. Will now enter music and save and reopen the file and add effects… etc etc… testing… to see… if it does at what stage what may be hanging it if anything this time. Will create a new thread for each attempt regardless of succeeding or failure. Just kidding.

Ok it worked with no notes and will not work with notes. I gave it an hour to load. Its hung first try back with notes. Has silent template one instance of kontakt light and sound chamber my expression maps and a few bars of quarter notes with expressions. I never pushed play as I could not as it was hung and went white with first click. I will check for a log. I will then try it in windows 8 compatability mode

It loaded correctly in Windows 8 compatability mode. However entering sixteenth notes was a put them in and let Dorico slowly write it out for 5 seconds after I stop - grouping some of the notes as chords incorrectly. I think this is a known issue? Now here are my specs Ryzen 5 series 2600x 16gb ram gigabyte 350 gaming 3 board Uphoria interface. I will run tests on my machine.

It loaded correctly in Windows 8 compatability mode. However entering sixteenth notes was a put them in and let Dorico slowly write it out for 5 seconds after I stop - grouping some of the notes as chords incorrectly. I think this is a known issue? Now here are my specs Ryzen 5 series 2600x 16gb ram gigabyte 350 gaming 3 board Uphoria interface. I will run tests on my machine. No crash log created

Ok I went into my device manager as I had a couple things disabled in there. Audio device I didn’t want Windows to think about using as it is not connected… HID not connected enabled this… these things didn’t seem important. Put program back to start in windows 10 mode and rebooted computer. It loaded correctly and entering music is now not molasses and writing after I quit. Perhaps there was an entry conflict something competing with my entry device… well I will load and reoload and see if this holds… if it fails I will look for chipset drivers and maybe replace my motherboard as a bios update failed… maybe there is a bug in here… its all up in the air… for those with slow note entry you might look at your device manager for disabled items and enable them and see… also I am getting a random - not having enough permissions thing pop up and I have reinstalled e licenser and ran the fixer thing in it and… well may uninstall e licenser and dorico if I have more issues then motherboard… aint computing fun