HANGS, FREEZES, DISAPPEARS, ETC

I see there are numerous issues with similar problems but no real answers. I’m happy to contribute to Steinberg’s revenue stream, but I not until I get a program without problems. If it isn’t resolved soon, I’ll be moving on.

It primarily hangs on startup lagging on one item or another, Studio, Halion, VST scan, “initialization”,etc, etc…it varies.

Dell Inspiron PC Intel Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Cubase 10.5.20, Dell PC I-7 4790 processor w/ 16 M

Hi,

Create a DMP file from the Task Manager or use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please. Then share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

ProcDump:

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\Users<username>\Downloads\Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 10:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase10

Nuendo 10:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo10

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

Share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.