Happy Birthday Zenda

Hi All

Thank you So much for your good wishes. It is a pleasure to share a forum with you :slight_smile:

It HAS been a good day … I visited my mother in the afternoon, had a nice chat, and also had a look at stuff of mine which I had not seen for man years. Then off to a Hall about 10 minutes walk from where she lives. “Jane Eyre” the play … an adaptation of the Bronte original by Polly Teale:
http://www.nickhernbooks.co.uk/index.cfm?nid=5579940B-8478-48B3-BD43-AE148D420820&ISBN=1854593293
Harriet was in it and acted very well indeed.

It has been a good day.

All the best
Glyn:)

You were so much older then, you’re younger than that now. :sunglasses:

(Bob’s still an arse-hole though!) :laughing:

Happy Day After Your B-Day Glyn!! (Time to change your sig quote!!).

#1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7FgZhLl7i4

#2) Holy carp, I can’t find a Dylan version of this song!!??

Hi Alexis

Thanks for reminding me … I’ve changed it :slight_smile:

Best wishes from across the pond. :mrgreen:

Tom!

Cheers. I’m recovering from the ‘day itself’.

Now I’m prepping for the Sunday party in my Back Yard. I am not certain, but I might surprise them with some ‘HoDown’ viola playing and that 18 inch shell … 5 inches deep … kick head on one face. And CHEAPO kick pedal with felt batter. Boom Boom Din-a-ding-ding. I doubt that I’ll do any ‘calling’ … cos I don’t know daffodil about Tulip when it comes to Country-dancing, so I’m sure as bowl of petunias not going to try. I’ll let 'em know it will be basic four time then on my signal going to slow three time … Ah … I’ll do a CR AP MP3 of the kind of thing I THINK I’ll do, and post it here.

Ahhh a world of bass drums and luvverly batters is a Good World … as neighbours from miles around will confirm.
:smiley:

How many kilowatts will the PA be? :wink: :laughing:

One last gift for your birthday Glyn, I am re-gifting however, it’s the gift that keeps on giving:laughing:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Zenda my man. The best is yet to come.

:laughing: I love that one.

Ummm…is that because they’ve managed to somwhow tune out the noise from that little airstrip down the road?

Glyn’s place is genrally louder, when he’s not sleeping!

[bud advert] true [/bud advert]

Though I am suffering payback/karma/ate/…

My upstairs neighhbour said he’d heard me playing my drums and would I teach him. I made it clear that I am no good at them - just a beginner, but I’d try to show him what I know.
I lent him one of my darboukas. “Thank you Uncle” [I’m not his uncle, but he refuses, out of respect for my AGE :imp: , to call me anything else]. And he goes upstairs.
And starts practising.
Maaan - I’m sure glad I LIKE listening to how people improve as they practise.
He helped me a LOT in carrying heavy stuff and tidying my back yard. Work continues for Parteeee tomorrow :slight_smile:

How did it go with your drum? I was beating mine all weekend long :smiley: