Hard system freezes evert day! :( Mac - libxpc.dylib

Hi Guys,

So, for about a week now I’ve been experiencing hard freezes on my Mac whilst using Nuendo.
Hard freezes as in a complete system freeze, with an unmovable mouse pointer, no keyboard response, and after about 10 seconds a computer reboot.
I’ve been pulling my hair out, and after I finished that (I’m bald now) had a look in the Console to try and hunt down what’s going on.
The only thing I can find is that the Console is being spammed by the following message:

27/10/2016 18:10:34.958 Nuendo 7[869]: assertion failed: 15G1004: libxpc.dylib + 22551 [54D1328E-054E-3DAA-89E2-375722F9D18F]: 0x13

It seems to get reported about 20-30 times a second and appears to eventually crash Nuendo whilst I’m using it.
This couldn’t come at a worse time; not only am I up against a hideous deadline but I’m also planning to use my rig to record an octet in 2 weeks time.
I’m going to try and update with the version that came out today to see if that fixes anything; in the meantime, can anyone throw me a clue?

Cheers.

Joe

Sounds like a hardware problem to me.

What version is that (that came out today)?

He says he’s had the problems for a week now, so unless he’s in the beta team that’s very unlikely…

Hey Joris,

Maybe this topic is of help: Cubase makes thousands of log entries - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Hey Guys, jdieks,

Yes, after some google-fu I found the same thread, at does seem to be the rewire extension.
Weird, as I’ve not been using it recently and had no issues before a couple of weeks ago.
But moved it yesterday, and so far no freezes…so fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Frightening