Harp pedals - Dorico 3

Thank you MatsHall, for your explanation. The image I uploaded there was from Dorico, so I had already done it; and yes, it’s quite easy to do it. Still, thanks for taking the time he to explain it; I’m sure it will be helpful for anyone searching for a way to replicate it.
I was referring to a native implementation instead of a work-around, especially because it’s better not to show this kind of markings in the score. With these work-arounds, it’s impossible to have control on whether to hide or show in the score.

Yes, I’d also like a native solution, maybe something as smooth as the trills with the auxiliary note.

I recently asked for such option and I am sorry I must have missed this post. I hope the Dorico team will consider at least a way to make it easy to writ e the “scale glissando”.
Probably you all know this, but just in case there is someone who doesn’t know it, the harp glissandos are quite a peculiarity because of the pedals, in fact you may have the harp’s strings tuned to play only 3 notes chords (i.e. some strings play the same note), that is why it is important to write down the little note of the scale.
Thank you for your attention Dorico team.
All the best and good work!

1 Like