Has anybody actually used VST connect

check https://connectvst.com. What is “my end”? In Cubase or Nuendo, access VST Cloud/VST Connect/Create Performer Track, set it to record and you should be fine.

also VST Connect In Depth

Does the latest vst connect pro work successfully in the latest version of nuendo (just released)?

I installed the new version of vst connect pro, currently running nuendo 10.2.20. In a new session it freezes and also getting blank gui when I close and reopen the plugin. The the performer, monitor and cue plugins in the session also have blank gui’s.

Note. I can successfully connect to a remote artist during trial just cannot proceed due to the regular freezes and blank gui issue.

Both myself and performer are using the latest beta release 4.0.40.180.

No mention of Nuendo support on the website

I know, hence the question. I do believe we’re on the radar as its an option within Nuendo and I know they are working on the ADR function (Nunedo only) for VSTConnect Pro. Thanks

Ah, ok… interesting; have been reading up on some of all this ‘collaboration’ stuff… playing catch-up…

we’re preparing for sync’d video file playback on the Performer end very soon - PRO required, where we also plan an extended trial period.
stay tuned.

That’s great news. I’ve had a few kind responses to requests for test sessions, but using the latest version of Nuendo and VSTConnect Pro 4.0.40.180 in a new session, I’m experiencing blank GUI VSTConnect Pro plugin screens. The main plugin opens fine, but if I close and relaunch, it’s blank. The other plugs, monitor and cue are both blank.

It may be you’re aware of this re Nuendo and it’ll be sorted in the upcoming release but just in case, can you advise if this is a known issue re Nuendo or poss just me. No other plugins installed have this issue. Thanks

VST Connect Pro 4.0.40.180 Working here in Nuendo 10.2.10

Thanks steve :slight_smile: I’m now on latest version of Nuendo but still getting blank GUI on open/close of the VSTConnect plugin. Are your CUE and Monitor plugins also showing their GUI?

Re GUI issue I’ve been having. So I’ve now noticed that if I toggle on/off the ‘Always on top’ function for the plugins context menu, the GUI returns. If I close and reopen the plugin again it’s once again blank where again toggling the ‘Always on top’ function returns the GUI.

Yes

Thanks for the report, and the ‘Always on top’ hint. We can’t reproduce this, so any hint is welcome.

if you have multiple monitors try moving the plugs to your primary monitor (fixes some stuff for me on windows)

Yes, that indeed works so thank you :blush: but it’s the only plugin or other window I have to do that with.

good hint, thanks

I’m mostly there thanks to the gargantuan efforts of -steve- (thanks mate) with sorting out my connection issues and setup. I’ll post something definitive for those using Cubase / Nuendo with an Apollo setup by way of a simple tutorial once I’ve done a few more remote tests and feel I’m able to help others bug test their setups.

thank you so much for all of your help!

You’re very welcome