Has anyone experienced these issues while working with VST or NotePerformer?

I searched the forum to see topics about this, but could not find any.
When I have used NotePerformer, I see that the green line that shows playback is about 3-5 measures ahead of the sound. I know this is an issue that needs to be fixed in Dorico, but my main question is if a similar issue would be present in other VST plugins, this is just so I know what to expect when I buy one.

I’m using NotePerformer on my Mac and the green line is about a tenth of a second behind the sound. It’s close enough that it doesn’t bother me. Are you on Mac or Windows?

Windows

This isn’t a problem with Dorico or with NotePerformer. It sounds to me as if you have a mismatch between the sample rate that Dorico thinks your soundcard is using and the actual sample rate. Go to Edit > Device Setup and choose another sample rate from the drop-down, then wait a moment and choose the original sample rate again (I suggest you set it to 44.1kHz). Then you should find that the playback line and the sound are in sync.

Check the sampling frequency in the general preferences > audio. Change it for three seconds and back to 48kHz or 44.1kHz, it should be ok. IIRC it’s a known issue. Hope it helps!
[Daniel is faster than I am!]

Daniel and MarcLarcher, I have not found that at all. Could you two explain in detailed instructions exactly what I am supposed to do?

I can not select any other sample rate except for 48000

Very strange. What audio device are you using, just built-in audio? Could you please go to Help > Create Diagnostic Report. That will create a zip file on your desktop. Please send to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’.

After I reassigned sample speeds, everything returned to normal. I guess the sample speeds needed a recalibration, or something like that, considering doing so crashed dorico. It was fine when I reloaded it.