Has anyone tried the new VST bridge out?

Anyone,
With the new updated versions of Cubae (5.5.3 and 6.0.1), Steinberg says the VST bridge for the 64 bit versions are more stable and have improved compatibility with 32 bit plug-ins.

Has anyone tried this out? Are people still finding that they need to use JBridge?

I am on a 32 bit OS now but upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit next week. I am trying to decide whether I will stick with 32 bit Cubase or install 64 bit. Then, I am just wondering if I should plan to buy JBridge or if the upgraded VST bridge in Cubase works well enough now. Specifically, the main 32 bit, third party plug-in that I can’t do without is Jamstix 3.

Comments anyone?

Sincerely,
J.L.

Anyone,
Please comment if you have some helpful knowledge.
Sincerely,
J.L.

After installing the new update I still could not open Music Labs 32 bit vst in Cubase 64 bit. I purchased the Jbridge and it opens them without any issues.

The first time I tried to open cubase after the update, it froze while attempting to load a 32 bit plug. jbridge has worked really well for me, fyi.

"I am on a 32 bit OS now but upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit next week. "

Don’t. Or at least get a DAW that works in 64 bit, cubase is still in beta mode, at least for me. It has never been stable. Shame they are moving on to version 6 before version 5 works. I hear Sonar actually works in 64 bits.

Ap,
Thanks for the input. I still plan to upgrade to the 64 bit OS but I think you are recommending NOT to upgrade to the 64 bit Cubase, correct? I have heard several people swear by the 64 bit OS with the 32 bit Cubase installed as being the most stable setup. Is this what you mean? Or are you recommending NOT to upgrade to a 64 bit OS?
Sincerely,
J.L.

ah sorry for not being clear. I have not tried the 32 bit version, yet, out of sheer stubbornness (if I wanted a 32 bit daw I would have gone with protools not cubase). I meant that I would not recommend the 64 bit version of cubase, I have had lots of problems with it. It works, but is not totally stable. I can not say how well the 32 bit would work in a 64 bit os, but that should be fine.

On a similar note, from what I understand jbridge works both ways: you can use it to bridge 32 to 64, or 64 to 32. I have only used it to bridge 32 to 64, and it has worked fairly well.

That is correct. You can also bridge 32-bit VST to 32-bit Cubase. On the surface that seems silly, but when running Cubase in 64-bit Windows, you can use this method to launch a (or multiple) memory hungry 32-bit VST (such as BFD) in its own address space without impacting Cubase’s address space.

Ron