Has everyone spotted the scrolling track names

I think this is undocumented for the arrange page, but the track names (if long) will scroll when the mouse is over them, and a pop up box shows the full name.

This is one of those little unlisted updates that you get with a new version, that you stumble across.

Has anyone else found something anything else undocumented (or just not obvious)?

Yup, very cool. :smiley:

Yes…cool thing.

I noticed several improvements. A cool one is the little space before bar 1.

All in all this is a great version. And it’s awful quiet in byg world huh?

Yes… I keep hovering my mouse over a track name, in the hope that it will scroll how the Lakers game was playing out, or the Dow Jones :mrgreen: .

They will probably find a way to bring us ads using this feature. :slight_smile:
{’-’}

hahaha…yeah “get ripped in 2 weeks - click here”…

There seems an element of inevitabilty to that in the future ! :unamused:

The scrolling can be seen in various places, not just the track names.

Seems to be a solution to anywhere where the text doesn’t fit into its display box - a problem thats been in all mac versions (don’t know about pc) up till now.

It doesn’t scroll below the mixer faders which would be a useful place - even more so when channels are set to ‘narrow’

It’s a good feature, but could be taken a bit further IMO

P

moaning FR:
I would like to set the speed of the scrolling track names!!!

vote:
yes, it´s an elementary feature ( )
no, I prefer to make music ( )
no matter I can´t read anyway ( )

:laughing:

[/jokin abpart]

Yep nice addition! would be cool to see it throughout cubase where needed though… big step in the right direction though!

+1!

[quote=“Parrotspain”]

It doesn’t scroll below the mixer faders which would be a useful place - even more so when channels are set to ‘narrow’

It’s a good feature, but could be taken a bit further IMO

P[/quote]

Yes, will be nice to have it in the mixer too

+1! Yes please, kind of strange it’s not in the mixer…

L

looks funny and much better than the previous cryptic “Guit…ortion” or whatever

Maybe it’s been mentioned but:
You can now rename the Channels of multi output VSTi like Kontakt in the Track List
e.g.
Violin
Viola
Cello
DB

instead of
Kt. aux 1 L
Kt. aux 2 L
Kt. aux 3 L
Kt. aux 4 L

excuse my ignorance, but how and where do I do this?

Two possibilities…

1. At the bottom of the Mixer Channel for the VSTi output
  2. In the Project window, inside the VST Instruments folder

This isn’t anything new, I have been doing this in Cubase 5 all the time, unless I am missing something here?

same place as the Audio and MIDI track names but for the Multi Output VSTi instead. :wink:
in versions < 6.0 it wasn’t possible and that created some noise in the old forum.
I just tried to see what happened and lo and behold!!! :open_mouth:
Now it works! :sunglasses:

Thanks for the info, though I admit, I must be completely daft here as I have always been able to rename my multi outs in Cubase 5 from a VSTi. For a test I loaded up Halion 3, activated all outputs and was able to rename those outputs in Cubase 5 and 6 just as I always have. Same with renaming them on the bottom of the Mixer. I guess I just don’t see what all the excitement is. I even loaded up two instances of Halion 3 in the rack and was able to rename both sets of outputs without issue. Shoot me I’m stupid!

Save a few bullets for me, if I’m wrong??? :blush:

My first reaction when I saw the scrolling names for the tracks was:
“Oh, cool! maybe they changed the VSTi names as well?”
Never did it occur to me that it could have been working properly all along!
Where did I get this idea from? :astonished:

[edit]

:bulb:

There is an Audio and a MIDI section for all the VSTi instances in the track list. The Audio part can have its name changed but not the MIDI section. I guess I never got beyond trying in previous versions haha. Oh, well … Now evern I know what’s probably been working correctly since forever :blush: