Has the locking up after Idle issue been fixed in Cubase11?

I have Cubase 10.5.30, Windows 10, and I have been experiencing this problem since updating from 9.5 to 10.

I leave my session open and come back to it later. Sometimes Cubase will work when I get back to it, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s just stuck in some damn loop, using about 15 to 16% cpu according to Task Manager, and is nonresponsive. I have to restart the computer to free the audio driver.

Has this nonsense been fixed in 11, or is it still misbehaving?

Thanks.

1 Like

I never had this “nonsense” behavior in any Cubase version - so maybe try to change your power settings or look into your audio driver for an update or something?

Same problem. TaskMgr has been my ‘Close’ button for Cubase for several years now.

I also don’t have this “nonsense” on any my systems and never have, going back as far as I can remember. This is possibly due to them being built/configured specifically for DAW use.

If I did, I’d look first into 3rd party plugins and vsti’s as the likely culprit. Try disabling prefs and seeing if the issue still occurs. Post your crash dumps here if available.

After that, looking at what else is running in the background that could be conflicting with Cubase especially If your PC is multi purpose, I.e. not purpose built for your DAW.