Having Problems on Upgrading Licence From Cubase 5 to 6

I tried to upgrade the licence after typed the activation code but it said:

“Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer.”

I can’t use my cubase 6 now. I just bought today :cry:

Anyone knows what is going on? or got solutions?

You could try plugging the dongle into another USB port and see if it’s recognized or download and install the latest version of eLCC and try again.

I did that many times like changing dongle at different USB ports and downloaded the eLCC but still cannot.

Is the Upgrade you bought valid for your version of C5 ?
ie is the upgrade for a full version of C5 to C6 and you have a lesser version of 5 , eg C5 AI or something like that ?

• Just checking !

I’ts A Cubase 5 (educational)

Hi
There is some confusion about “Upgrade” and “Update”
Make sure you have the correct version.

My move from C5 to C6 was labelled an “Update”

It’s “Upgrade Licence”

eLC doesn’t let me click my USB-eLicenser. It has this “NO ENTRY” sign/icon thingy over there.

If you are updating from Cubase 5 to Cubase 6, you need the " Update", NOT the “Upgrade” package.

Yup, I did an update from C4 to C6

So, I should update my Cubase 5 to 5.5.3 then try to activate the code again from eLCC?

No, it looks like you got the wrong “upgrade” version, check the box it should say:

UPDATE
Cubase 6 Update from Cubase 4/5

I’ve already sent back the box to them. I think the licence is giving me a big headache. anyway, thanks guys for replying my problems!

God Bless You all!

I just bought the UPGRADE in Sam ASH here in NY, this is really something wrong ,they dont know the difference between this two update and upgrade
I spent 200 dollars and it is useless, now I am going back to Argentina were I live and dont have the upgrgrade, ups, update!! What can I do???