Hearing the "metronome click" & "play tool" thru same output

Even though I’ve been using EVERY incarnation of Cubase since SX1, I’m obviously missing something fundamental, and any help would be appreciated:

I only have one set of studio monitors and as most of my work is with solo artists I don’t really use the control room functions. My problem is with the Outputs in the “VST Connections”. If I want to hear the click, I need to be using the “Outputs” output and select the click option. But if I want to use the “Play” tool (to audition a part), or hear a note when pressed in VariAudio, that will only work if I’m using the “Studio” output. Problem I can only assign my speakers to one or the other, so I constantly find myself switching from “Outputs” to “Studio” ALL the time depending on whether I need the click or the play tool. It takes time, is awkward and doesn’t really make sense.

How should this be set up, and how can I use just ONE set of outputs that will allow me to hear both the click track and my “play” tool?

Okay, feeling a little stupid. Just turned off the Control Room in the Studio tab and it all works out of the “outputs” tab.

But what if I do want to use the Studio tab; how do I hear the click?

Hi Chony

If you use the Control Room (I do), then there are buttons for the click in whatever outputs one has assigned and one can turn it off or on, globally and individually!!

Best Regards

Dave

Thanks, where do you find those buttons?

Hi Chony

I assume you are on C7, First you have to have Control room enabled. then open control room(mine is permanently open with the mixer on the second monitor)Make sure the “mixer” tab is selected at the bottom(the other one is “setup”) and then click on the control room header and it opens up the Control Room mixer which includes the click on/off and level. The same goes for the Cue mix at the top.

Best Regards

Dave