I am facing an issue while using Helium as a midi Fx in Cubasis 3. The notes programmed in helium gets transposed down by a few octaves as well as some strange base notes are also appearing. Has anyone else faced similar problems, if so how was it resolved. Can someone help me please?
Thanks for your message.
I’d suggest to exchange with our friends at 4Pockets.com about the issue. If required, we’re at hand to exchange with them.
Hope that helps!
I shall certainly take up with 4Pockets. But they seem to be suggesting that it is a bug with Cubasis 3 app, that’s why I posted in issue here.
Please share the details, where 4Pockets.com mention the issue to be a Cubasis problem.
In the Helium Help the first Note under Installation and compatibility issues with Cubasis 3, reproduced below for ease of reference
“ NOTE: The Helium plugin should be loaded as an AUv3 MIDI effect plugin within your host DAW. Please also note that there is currently a bug in Cubasis 3 that will be fixed in a forthcoming version. This bug causes the Helium timeline to run out-of-sync with Cubasis 3 on some devices, due to the fact it reports a sample rate of 44.1KHz when it is in fact using 48KHz. This is easily solved by setting the Host Sample rate to 48KHz in the main menu.”
I suppose my problem maybe because of this compatibility issue?
In AUM I find that Helium works without any issue.
I am, in fact, not able to take up my issue with 4 Pockets since the 4Pockets site appears to be under upgradation as the msg I get at 4Pockets.com is that. Is there any other way of taking up with them other than posting the issue on their site, I couldn’t find a contact mail in their help.
Did you give it a try to run the project in 48 kHZ and does it resolve the problem?
Normally, the contact address of app developers should be listed at their App Store product page.
Hope that helps!
Yes I have been running on 48KHz, I tried that option the very first time I faced the issue in Cubasis but it didn’t resolve the issue. To take up with the developer I tried the web link provided in AppStore as well as the Help but both don’t appear to be functional now that’s when I thought I may find a solution in this forum. Strangely it works ok in AUM while in Cubasis it doesn’t.
Looks like I finally managed to find a way around to make Helium work right. Now, I load Helium as a MIDI Fx and then open it and start a new session within the plug-in, this makes it function normally in Cubasis. Thanks a lot for all the suggestions you gave me.
Glad to read, that loading Helium as a MIDI FX in Cubasis seems to work as expected for you!