Hell Hounds on my Trail

I’ve just been sent a forum warning about using ’ [Bug] ’ in a Topic Heading, although I thought that was the official ‘Fredo’ way to do it. It’s no problem though - I’m happy to re-phrase.

It seems that something called ‘Steinberg Service’ has got involved to oversee and tidy up the forums.

This is no bad thing and does show that Steinberg are looking at the issues we have.

Good stuff.

It is a bad thing if they change the forum policy (or “terms”) without telling us. And it is an annoying thing if they want us to stop reporting bugs or make it appear that the product is bug-free.

When they prove it’s not a bug, you can edit the title. :wink:

DG

I definitely agree with that.

Maybe Nuendo is bug free!

bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug… bug??

@ Steinberg:

Why is ‘Bug:’ okay to use in a Topic Heading on the Wavelab forum, but ‘[Bug]’ is not okay on the Nuendo forum?

Are we talking about this ?

No - I’m talking about this:

So can I go back to using ‘[Bug]’ as usual if I believe that there is a bug? - Fredo?

As far as I am concerned, and until further notice, I don’t mind that [bug] is used in the heading.
However, until confirmed by other users, you need to add a question mark: [bug?]
When the issue is confirmed with a repro, then the question mark can be removed.

This is the procedure the moderators have agreed upon, so unless something has changed that I don’t know of, you can use it.

Fredo

Many thanks Fredo,

I’m going to re-edit the Topic Heading in question.

Maybee it is time to talk about serious Bug reporting system for Steinberg Products Users.

I use Atlassian JIRA about 4 years and there is huge improvement on our development cycles for both side (client, developer).

This type of communication about problems on forum is frustrating for both sides (“customers” and Steinberg PR/Marketing Department :stuck_out_tongue:)

We are users - and we know about bugs, features which we would like to see in next version, user stories more than any “survey” or anybody else. Las survey did not include questions which is important for me (i.e. about f**** NEK).

Steinberg is mysterious like Castle in Transylvania and we are concerned for any changes. But this approach will require some Open Information policy from Steinberg and consistency and patience from us (find existing bug task and only add new information related to this bug instead SPAM with one problem whole Bug tracker).

I think, that will be very helpful to see what is going on and what will be fixed - where is problem.

After that forum might be BUG free and will be real source of inspiration and technical/configuration help.

If is Steinberg interested let me PM :slight_smile:

BTW: I saw something similar on AVID pages…

Tomas Bilek

Tomas,

Steinberg also uses Jira as their bug reporting system, but they have no intention whatsoever to give the world access to that information. I don’t think this needs further explenation.

On the forums, we had a public bugreporting system, which worked pretty well. However, with the launch of the new forums, Nuendo management has decided to not continue the bugreporting and listing as we knew it. The reported bugs are now collected by the staff and entered in the internal Jira system.

Best regards
Fredo

I’d love it if there was at least an official acknowledgment of bugs AND feature requests posted. As long as there isn’t, we the users don’t know if our concerns have been heard.

But as I said before, we can’t even talk about talking about it. Even me asking about getting an acknowledgment gets no response by the powers that be.

No wonder users are dissatisfied with communication.

This isn’t 1980. This is 2012. Things have changed.