Hello Cubase Elements 7, goodbye Windows XP!

Although it is clearly stated that Windows XP is no longer supported by Steinberg (fair enough) nevertheless the “6” family worked quite happily on XP, but now that the “7” family is complete, I just tried to upgrade my Cubase Element 6 on an XP machine and I find that Cubase Elements 7 won’t even install.

Now, I don’t have any real problem with this, but there are plenty of musicians out there who will have been happy to continue with a tuned XP installation, and I just want to point this out. I have other machines running Windows 7 and even Vista (uggh!) that are working fine. It’s just that, if your only machine is XP, you will want to upgrade your OS first.

I’ve only tried this with Cubase Elements 7, but I’d imagine the same applies to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7. And yes, I know XP has no longer been supported for a while, but hey, it used to work!

There’s a way to install 7 on XP.

… are you going to tell us, or shall we all start guessing? :wink:

Damn! No upgrade from AI5 versions !!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Sell your AI5 at eBay, buy Cubase 6 LE at http://www.ppvmedien.de/Recording/Sonderhefte/KEYS-extra-1-2012-mit-Vollversion-Cubase-LE-6::12934.html and get the upgrade to Elements 7 for less.

… are you going to tell us, or shall we all start guessing?

Did you not get the memo that guessing has now been officially replaced by googling?

Oh look what I found…

Oh, the wit! Thanks though! :sunglasses: