Hello from BT - Interface Issue

Hi all,

I’m a 2 year (very gradual) Cubase convert. I’ve been transitioning from close to 25 years with Logic (dating back to Notator on an Atari). I love Cubase, it’s completely expanded what is possible for me. The learning curve has been extremely tough but I really am getting there at this point. I’m currently scoring my first full film in Cubase. Going great. I was on 8.5 because of the UI issue which seems to have been resolved in the latest 9.

The issue I am having (in both 8.5 and 9) is persistent. I’ve tried everything recommended by Steinberg but am unable to resolve this. Anyone with any thoughts, I super appreciate it. My setup is a 2013 Mac Trashcan with 128 channels of Lynx Auroras (and a lot, actually full up with patched analog synths and outboard). There are 3 connected monitors.

The issue is every time I boot the computer, Cubase forgets the audio interface I am using. I wouldn’t mind selecting this on every boot cycle of Cubase, however there is no way to save all my input routings (it does not save in User preferences). Therefore, every boot cycle, my synths are useless. There is no way to re-route 128 channels of inputs on every boot.

As I said, I’ve tried everything recommend by Steinberg. This seems to me to be a serious bug. Anyone else have this issue, and if you’ve resolved it…how!

Thanks all,
_BT

Hey BT, huge fan and great to see you here on the Steinberg forums. Did you come right with your audio interface issue?

Have you tried using another interface to see if it happens with another device or only the Lynx Auroras?

I know you’ve probably tried this, but least it will isolate if its a Cubase issue or audio interface issue.

Are the interfaces powered on before the computer?
Just a thought.

For me this happens if you open Cubase before you power up / connect the audio interface.

When it happens, choose the correct audio interface and then let Cubase load. When it is done, just close Cubase by quiting/exiting the normal way. Now the settings should be saved next time you open up Cubase.