"Hello!" - New Song

All constructive criticisms welcomed as usual.

http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/srplayer.php?type=hipub&trackid=90243

very pro sound and good song…don’t really see how it’s possible to critique it, sure it could be produced this way or that way but as is…is good enough, nice work, Kevin

The composition was good, solid chords and melody that flows. The vocal harmonies sounded tight too. Couple of the fills were a bit bare, but the others sounded good with the guitars and it almost sounded like a clarinet after the first chorus. Outro worked really well too.

Good production, but could be improved a little I think. The balance of the instruments was good, but I thought it sounded a bit too dry with the reverb in the first part of the song when there were less instruments playing.

Other than that, nice song so well done!

Oh boy ! Brilliant ! Hello !!!

I like the sound, brilliant songwriting, tune and harmonies!! Can listen to it again and again.

If you really need constructive criticism I would say you can produce a louder crash cymbal around 3:05, unless it is your intention to let the cymbal sound damp compared to the rest of the drums. That’s the only thing that really fell on my ear because the drums are quite pertinent except for the crash cymbal. And perhaps the guitar playing the melody on the bridge at 1:50 can play a bit louder, but it’s not a big deal.

If anybody ever told me you can produce such a nice refrain with a string of ‘hello’s’ I would have doubted it sincerely. You changed my mind! You have a lot of talent !

Very good tune again. An old fashioned kind of song and production. Liked the short clarinet riffs (I suppose it was clarinet or a clarinet type of pad).

A few minor issues: the drum break at around 1.04 (sounds somehow too bare to me), the stabbs in the chorus maybe could be mixed a bit further back (and maybe these could be a bit thicker with more harmonic content/layers).

Well done and nice mix, I like the dry vocals great guitar solo 2. Did you do everything here? I heard the one cymbal crash that was mentioned earlier and I agree it might come up a bit, but really who cares lol

Thanks for the pointers! I wrote this with my musical partner and I am playing all the tracks on this one.
I tend to mix dry on most of my productions. Not sure if it is past influences or just my preference or both. I did try wetting it up but it just didn’t seem right for this type of song.

[/quote]Thanks for the pointers! I wrote this with my musical partner and I am playing all the tracks on this one.
I tend to mix dry on most of my productions. Not sure if it is past influences or just my preference or both. I did try wetting it up but it just didn’t seem right for this type of song.[/quote]
Very much agree with you. Kicks ass the way it is

Incorporated some critiques and some of my own gut reactions after not listening to it for a while. Thanks!

http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/srplayer.php?type=hipub&trackid=90243

agreed,

this is another fine tune, everything just works, i particularly like it when the harmonies kick in at around the 3.30 mark, good stuff